Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 06:21 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 AM

18,467 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
That is hilarious!!
I am sorry, he is a freaking ugly looking kid.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:40 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,627,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I doubt anyone commented based on the fact that the Will Smith family happens to be black

Speaking for myself--I will speak of whatever celebrity I choose to seeing as how this is a Celebrity forum.
No one would be focusing on the Smiths had they not been idiotic enough to make public their child rearing tactics; or lack thereof. Saying a 15 year old wants to become emancipated so he can buy and live in his own house is absurd. Kid doesn't even drive yet. It was only after backlash that they denied it as being true.
And your last comment makes no sense, seeing as how the Smith children are only becoming famous for being in a famous family. They certainly are not brimming over with talent.
Thank you for this, Pippy. My thoughts exactly !

Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,758 times
Don't understand the Smith family hatred. You shouldn't read too much into the things they say. Even though it's been 20 years, Will is still pretty much the same goof ball he was when he first came on to the scene. Why take them so seriously?

I'm not normally the type to defend celebrities. But this really seems like a case where people really DO hate them just because of their success.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:55 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Don't understand the Smith family hatred. You shouldn't read too much into the things they say. Even though it's been 20 years, Will is still pretty much the same goof ball he was when he first came on to the scene. Why take them so seriously?

I'm not normally the type to defend celebrities. But this really seems like a case where people really DO hate them just because of their success.

used to annoy me when people threw out the HATE word just because people weren't kissing up to the celebrity. Now I just LOL when the HATE word is tossed about so casually.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:10 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
used to annoy me when people threw out the HATE word just because people weren't kissing up to the celebrity. Now I just LOL when the HATE word is tossed about so casually.
It annoys me when people predict that children will be dead from drug overdoses and the pretend it's casual conversation.

I think there are several comments on this thread are far from "kissing up a celebrity".

From what I gather people don't like Will because "he seems full of himself", they don't like his daughter because her parents let her shave her head & dress like a blind person and she made a horrible annoying song for kids, they don't like the son because he's "freaking ugly" and wrinkles his forehead and has been in THREE movies! How dare Will's kids want to do the same thing they see their parents doing! Only nonfamous kids are allowed to want to have the same occupation as their parents. Will is not allowing his kids to have a childhood! Only nonfamous kids should be allowed to sing or act!

This is worse than high school.

Last edited by nat_at772; 05-22-2013 at 02:27 PM..

Old 05-22-2013, 02:14 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,515,379 times
I just want freedom from ever having to sit through another film staring Jaden Smith.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
It annoys me when people predict that children will be dead from drug overdoses and the pretend it's casual conversation.

I think there are several comments on this thread are far from "kissing up a celebrity".

From what I gather people don't like Will because "he seems full of himself", they don't like his daughter because her parents let her shave her head & dress like a blind person and she made a horrible annoying song for kids, they don't like the son because he's "freaking ugly" and wrinkles his forehead and has been in THREE movies! How dare Will's kids want to do the same thing they see their parents doing! Only nonfamous kids are allowed to want to have the same occupation as their parents. Will is not allowing his kids to have a childhood! Only nonfamous kids should be allowed to sing or act!

Nat, you can't even agree with me about that dreaded HATE word? Come on........I don't get the impression people HATE or even dislike Will Smith and family.
His kid does have some kind of odd forehead thing going on. Worth mentioning.........IMHO.
I don't agree with them or any parents allowing children to make celebrity a big part of their childhood. The kids wanting to do what they see their parents doing and thus being allowed to is where I have an issue with them. If the kids want to have sex cause they are pretty sure their parents do--are they to be allowed to at age 12?? Parents need to be parents and not give into every whim of their children.
Sure there are children actors but when I've read about "some" of them, what I've found is that those children still attend school,still have rules to follow,still get a $5.00 allowance per week,still get grounded,etc,etc.........
I'm not hating on the Smith children, I'm not hating on the Smiths. I'm disliking their parenting techniques. That won't stop them from being the permissive parents they seem to be,so it isn't hurting anything with us discussing what THEY put out there for people to discuss.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:45 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,136 times
I always see people giving flack to this family because of the way they choose to live their lives. I have yet to see one valid reason for some of the hateful and spiteful comments people make about them. A kid being g ugly is not a reason to start talking about how he's gonna die or abuse drugs. This whole made up media story came from an interview Will did where he said once jaden made more money than him he had to move out. In case you guys haven't seen the posters jadens name is mentioned before his and he is the primary protagonist of the film for people who sit back and say "oh I'm not being hateful" as they gleefully participate in conversations about kids being depressed going to prison or dying have some issues.

The kid has been in a handful of movies most of them his dads. How is that any different than Susan sarandon dragging her ugly kid on the set of step mom or friends or giving her a role in the banger sisters? Oh I know the difference....

Old 05-24-2013, 09:20 AM

18,467 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post

LOL, yup, that comment was by me.

I don't hate them, I don't know much about them. I don't focus on them, only what the media shoves in your face, (kinda like a Beyonce' thing)..... I actually don't care.

But no matter what, after seeing all of the pictures of this kid on this thread, and being the father of 3 sons myself, that kid IS freaking ugly !!! sorry, again, I admit it, I am shallow

******sticks tongue out ******
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities