Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 07:10 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,536 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Bieber will be dead soon if he doesn't stop dangerous activities like racing cars, doing drugs, and hanging out with thug rappers who are just using him for girls and parties. His parents seem to be enablers because he's supporting them. I actually don't think he was a bad kid until a couple years ago. He seemed pretty wholesome, squeaky clean, and fairly grounded for someone his age. Something happened to him. It seems likely that with all this information coming out that it was the reemergence of his father who seems to be a bad influence on him in addition to the company he chooses to keep. Fame gives people access to anything they want, and that can be fatal if the celebrity isn't mature enough to make the right decisions.

Part of me thinks that his career is stalled, and he's doing all this stuff to stay in the news cycle to prolong his 15 minutes of fame. However, if he really is a drug and/or alcohol addict, that takes over everything and could explain his very bad choices lately. If he does survive this, there will be more media exposure on the backside of this i.e. a tell-all book and interview with Oprah. If he doesn't make it through, this will be yet another cautionary tale of what fame can do to some people. I agree that the only one who might have a chance of reaching him is Usher, and Bieber has his head so far in the clouds that even Usher probably can't bring him down. Hopefully he'll get deported and go on a deportation tour spanning all the provinces of Canada.

Last edited by maniac77; 01-24-2014 at 07:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 07:46 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,398,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

But you would think at 19, his parents would have a little more guidance for the boy. He isn't a man yet, he is still a boy.

Actually, shame on his parents.
Last time I checked you became an adult at 18. Marriage, right to vote, right to marry, right to move out and get your own apartment ect.

Parents have no responsibility for the actions of an adult child. He's absolutely a MAN and 100% responsible for his behavior as a man. You do realize people used to have children and get married at that age regularly right? People go out and get apartments and live on their own at 19/. People join the military and are trained to kill people. Do you honestly believe you can control a 19 year old? Their going to do what they want. Childhood innocence is long gone. You're reaping what you've sewn as far as parenting goes. Do you want to know what the problem with our society is? We extend childhood for no good reason and don't make people responsible for themselves as an adult and then let them blame their horrid behavior on just being a a "kid".

Remember when you went off to college and were considered an adult? Ahhh the good old days. Now we send them in diapers. How's that working out?
Now they move back in after completing college. Generation of adult babies.

The one person responsible for the dui?....Bieber
The one person responsible for the 19 year old boston bomber killing those people.....tsarnaev himself. Not his parents. Not video games. Not his brother.(who also was refered to a "kid"-26 with wife and child) He's old enough to do know what he's doing.
The one person responsible for shooting actual children at that elementary school? 20 year old MAN adam lanza. The only children that died that day were the children....lanza is a man. We need to stop referring to people 18-25 as "kids". Next will make the legal age of sexual consent 21 or even 25 and charge people with rape for a consensual act. 20 year olds are just kids right? And kids don't know what's going on when someone touches their wee wee. IT'S ABSURD. Give me a break with this nonsense. A 16/17 year old is long past childhood innocence. Forget a 20 year old man.

I already see the writing on the wall for 25 becoming the new 21. Dr. Phil talking about research saying that brain isn't fully developed until 25. LOL That's like saying a man isn't full developed till he starts balding! Of course there's a change in brain chemistry at 25. People are risk takers before 25. Their young prime adults. Once they hit 25 they start aging! And of course the risk part of the brain becomes more risk averse for survival reasons! Further research will show brain chemistry changes throughout adulthood including the early parts of neurodegenerative diseases that can start 20 years before alzheimer's diesease start becoming symptomatic. Their confusing adulthood with aging. People become biological adults when epiphyseal plate fusion takes place.

Last edited by mikelizard860; 01-24-2014 at 08:06 PM..

Old 01-25-2014, 08:29 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Not sure how reliable this is, but a claim has been made that Bieber was crying his eyes out when he was returned to the detention center after his hearing. Poor Biebs. That quite a contrast from the cheezy smile mugshot or the tough-guy-from-da-hood look. But since he's out, he's back with sitting on top of his SUV waving to the fans (ala Michael Jackson) although he didn't do a crotch-grab moonwalk dance or throw kisses to the fans like MJ. I dunno, does a swaggering walk count as a dance?

Justin Bieber DUI Arrest: He Cried 'His Eyes Out' After Bond Set at $2,500 - Crime & Courts, DUIs, Justin Bieber : People.com

http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/goss...lery?GT1=28135

Old 01-25-2014, 08:46 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
i hope he gets 50 years to life.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:47 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,943 times
Why is everyone rushing to judgment and wishing the worst for this guy? Do we even know he is guilty of what he is accused of? Do we know what the media are reporting is actually correct? What is it about celebrities that brings out the mob mentality in people?

It would not surprise me in the least if it turns out this whole arrest was baseless (no drag race, no DUI, no resisting arrest). Wouldn't be the first time cops try to boost their ego by arresting celebrities over some BS.

I'm not a fan of JB and I'm sure he's made some mistakes in life but what 19-year-old hasn't? He's an annoying brat but he has done nothing to warrant the kind of hate he gets. Seems like most people just enjoy bullying deep down inside and celebrities are considered acceptable targets.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:38 PM

9 posts, read 12,805 times
Angry Who cares

hes a waste of time talking about this loser

Old 01-25-2014, 05:04 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Why is everyone rushing to judgment and wishing the worst for this guy? Do we even know he is guilty of what he is accused of? Do we know what the media are reporting is actually correct? What is it about celebrities that brings out the mob mentality in people?

It would not surprise me in the least if it turns out this whole arrest was baseless (no drag race, no DUI, no resisting arrest). Wouldn't be the first time cops try to boost their ego by arresting celebrities over some BS.

I'm not a fan of JB and I'm sure he's made some mistakes in life but what 19-year-old hasn't? He's an annoying brat but he has done nothing to warrant the kind of hate he gets. Seems like most people just enjoy bullying deep down inside and celebrities are considered acceptable targets.

That is total BS.

I didn't make mistakes like that when I was 19, I didn't get arrested at 19.

my sister didn't get arrested
my cousins didn't get arrested
my friends didn't get arrested
my sons didn't get arrested
my nephews didn't get arrested

get the picture

Old 01-25-2014, 05:05 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post

It's believable because this isn't the first time his speeding around in a car has caused trouble.

He speeds around in his own neighborhood, without any regard for its residents or their children.....not giving a damn who he might hurt.

Justin Bieber better slow down, neighbors say - CNN.com

Justin Bieber -- Vehicular Terror in Neighborhood | TMZ.com

Old 01-26-2014, 07:08 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
That is total BS.

I didn't make mistakes like that when I was 19, I didn't get arrested at 19.

my sister didn't get arrested
my cousins didn't get arrested
my friends didn't get arrested
my sons didn't get arrested
my nephews didn't get arrested

get the picture

Nice to know you and your family are such perfect angels but I'm pretty sure JB isn't the only 19-year-old who has ever smoked pot or caught a speeding ticket. People act like he's a serial killer or something.

And again, we don't even know if there were reasonable grounds for his arrest.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:11 AM

392 posts, read 352,316 times
He is setting a bad example....Youth flourish when they are healthy mentally and spiritually....substances and the habitual use of them are like taking two steps forward and three steps back. Bieber like many others.....thinks life is a joke and being high all the time allows you to be "creative" and cool.... In the end- the clear minded will survive - those who are clouded in their thinking will not survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities