Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 12:04 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,090,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Read the last paragraph of my NIH link.

It is a baffling disease.

A close relative of mine had it (she is deceased re an unrelated disease) and it was devastating to her.
I’m only going by what Jada said…that they could not find a reason or cause for her condition. You can experience hair loss from lots of different things and conditions.

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 03-28-2022 at 12:14 AM..

Old 03-28-2022, 12:12 AM

3,812 posts, read 4,706,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Read the last paragraph of my NIH link.

It is a baffling disease.

A close relative of mine had it (she is deceased re an unrelated disease) and it was devastating to her.
I'm sure it's devastating to a lot of women. When men go bald it sucks but men also don't spend hours & hours getting ready for dates/events etc.. in their lifetime.

It would probably be the equivalent of men losing length in their dick. They'd mentally get really frustrated over it and could get depressed.

I'm not a fan of Will Smith but for all we know he's seen Jada cry many times over this disease & he wasn't going to sit by and do nothing.

Was he wrong? Sure but maybe Chris Rock will remember this before he attacks somebody personally for a disease they have (assuming he knew about it-which I think he did).

Old 03-28-2022, 12:32 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,902,657 times
If it were from years of tightly pulling back her hair, she'd probably know that and shedding would taper off from no longer pulling on the hairs (or because the hairs are dead and not around to shed anymore).
That she shaves it means it's not something called "alopecia universalis," where just about all hair falls out.
When there's underlying disease, I think there are often visible clues via weird-looking "exclamation point/mark hairs" and she said doctors don't think she has a disease.
The talk of "shedding" suggests it's "chronic telogen effluvium," which basically is a wastebasket diagnosis that doesn't point to any treatments. I imagine she's frustrated, and there's no way Chris Rock days ago put the thought into the possible reaction that I just did trying to understand the situation. None of that excuses Will Smith's reaction.

Last edited by goodheathen; 03-28-2022 at 12:44 AM..

Old 03-28-2022, 01:00 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,564,127 times
Apparently, Will's Smith's marriage is open to everything except jokes.

Old 03-28-2022, 02:03 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,810,472 times
If Will Smith was so angered at this so called silly joke why then didnt he just walk out the arena and deal with this man later... instead of hanging on for his own award... Joke wasnt a joke it was nasty but Will used this to his own advantage .big mistake Will..

Old 03-28-2022, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
What we learned is that Chris Rock can take a punch and Will Smith can’t take a joke.
Dont know how it didnt deck him. it looked sore.... the joke was awful to be honest but if Smith was so upset he should have left with his wife... refusing his award..

Old 03-28-2022, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Because it’s a whole lot worse to deal with hair loss when you’re broke and homeless.

I mean really. One super wealthy privileged guy punched another super wealthy privileged guy at an event where they’re handing out golden statues to each other, all because of a joke about hair. Who cares?
and you notice Will still held on for his Oscar..says it all doesnt it when he could have gallantly taken his wifes hand and lead her out of the arena...Now wouldnt that have worked far better in his favour.. instead of violence and taking over the whole ceremony ..He could have dealt with it much better.. then getting of a subject a little ..What and how would Will have dealt with it if it was a woman compere..

Old 03-28-2022, 05:01 AM

11,879 posts, read 5,858,955 times
Jada is beautiful with and without hair - I didn't know about her condition but think it was stupid for Will to go all GI Joe. Guess I feel this way because even when my cousin lost all her hair while going through chemo she used to joke about it. She refused to wear wigs and said she was grateful to be alive.

Going back to the original Fresh Prince episodes - many of the jokes would not pass mustard in today's society. We've had comedians like Don Rickles and even did Celebrity Roasts back in the day - those could be brutal but everyone knew they were done in fun.

I've lost a lot of respect for both Jada and Will throughout the years and this only solidifies my opinion of them. Only in today's society does that joke cross the line. Everyone has to learn to laugh at themselves every once in a while.

Old 03-28-2022, 05:14 AM

16,430 posts, read 12,564,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Dont know how it didnt deck him. it looked sore.... the joke was awful to be honest but if Smith was so upset he should have left with his wife... refusing his award..
Why would he refuse his award? His beef wasn’t with the Academy.

Old 03-28-2022, 05:19 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,405,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

Will could have stood up and yelled “My wife is the most beautiful woman I know” and he would have received a 5 minute standing ovation. Instead he acted like an idiot. His Oscar win will forever be tainted by his behavior.
Agree. Now this minute of time will define him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.