Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:50 AM

5,667 posts, read 5,102,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
How sick is that..........why put it out there for the world to know?
Any publicity is good publicity.

And yet she'll make more for one appearance or one brief role than most people will make in a year or more. It's a sick, sick world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 08:11 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,468,939 times
I just have one question: Where was her mom during all of this?

Old 09-23-2009, 08:51 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,157,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I just have one question: Where was her mom during all of this?
Probably strung out on drugs too.
And this doesn't surprise me. As a CASA volunteer incest and child molestation knows now racial or economic boundaries. I have seen cases of incest from toddlerhood to adulthood. I don't think she is making this up.
But victims are not proud to share this with anyone. It is extremely shameful.

What a sad life.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:34 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,185,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's some weird variation of Stockholm syndrome. Her father raped her at first, I'd bet that really screwed her up. I really don't think it's her fault. She's obviously got some major psychological problems.
Not her fault??? For real--at what point does it make someone's fault that they are continuing to use and abuse drugs, sex.............abuse life and those around them and now to tell the world she was carrying on a sexual relationship with her biological father!!!! Oh................poor screwed up Mackenzie.............not! She can slither back to her hole now and shaddup
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
Is she saying that to shock, to get attention..? I wonder about that..consensual sex with your dad? unnaural is what it is, Stockholm or not..drugs or not, it's just too much to figure out so I won't even try
there was never,ever a reason to tell that story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
Absolutely revolting.
We never know how fame, money, drugs, and the idea that some are above the law affects those families or persons that entertain us.
That is why no actor, sports star, etc., I don't care how famous they are, have ever been my heroes. We just don't know what goes on behind closed doors of the rich and famous.
My heroes are my parents, soldiers, firemen, and the ordinary person who tries to help someone without asking anything in return.
I don't care how good they are or how much money they make at what you do. If they aren't decent people, they are just trash as far as I'm concerned.
I sure am glad we were considered poor working people. My dad never abused my sister. He just worked his butt off to give her a better life. He loved her and his family. He would have killed anyone that tried to molest her.
Father and daughter? The way I was raised, that is beyond comprehension.
my sentiments exactly.
Quote:
how great is it that her half sister,Chyna, now knows (if she didn't already) that not only is her dad a scum bag drug using piece of crap but that her half sister Mac is even as bad and is telling the freakin world about it.
I'm sure there is a therapist somewhere who told her how much better she would feel if she just confessed to the world her dirty,filthy secret. Hey Mackenzie--keep that vile crap to yourself cause no one but you and your perv dad ever needed to know that. Hope your unloading that crap to the media makes you feel a whole lot better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Any publicity is good publicity.

And yet she'll make more for one appearance or one brief role than most people will make in a year or more. It's a sick, sick world.
she should just go smoke some more dope and hide her sorry azz away for a good long while.

Last edited by Élan vital; 09-23-2009 at 11:20 AM..

Old 09-23-2009, 02:03 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,865,297 times
After all this women has gone through she adds incest to her list of personal experiences. Her father is a piece of garb age but even after drug rehab she continued to allow her father inside her body. There are a lot of crazy things that comes out of Hollywood but this one is pretty bad. Why did she need to tell the public?

Old 09-23-2009, 02:30 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,618,513 times
Horrible.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:12 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,662,658 times
I caught a bit of the conversation on oprah today. some horrible stuff, I just don't get why these celebrity types want to publish it in a book. It seems like what they do when their careers are in the crapper and they are out of money.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:44 PM

19,753 posts, read 12,315,909 times
OK, the celebs like to come out and talk about their weight, mental and physical health issues, addictions. Ho hum. Now we have this, which tops them all. Congratulations Ms. Phillips, what a new low. Shame on Oprah for having this on her show.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:33 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,942,922 times
I operate on a simple premise. If a celeb claims something happened to them and it was more than 10 years ago, I simply call Shenanigans and dismiss the claim as publicity seeking. Who needs these losers and their self-pitying claims?

Old 09-23-2009, 06:08 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,516,992 times
Quote:
Why put it out there for the world to know? Because she is trying to get hype to sell her new book. I find it kind of ironic that nothing was known by anyone (her own husband and siblings knew nothing, and her father died in 2001) until she decides to publish a book about it, 8 years after her father's death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities