Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:36 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,621,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
go ahead and waste yor time feeling sorry for them and buy into their "oh it was the drugs" crap. I have an addict in my family. I know what it can do and we tried helping him over and over................they have to help themselves or die. Either way-THEY make choices and it's not up to me to feel sympathy for them. When an addict dies due to their choice--so be it. When one continues to screw up and let's the drug be the driving force in all their bad choices-screw em. No one MAKES them do the drug the first,second or more times...........
Wow. Just, Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 08:05 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,071,799 times
10 years of consensual sex, and she wasn't living under the same roof as the guy. Something is wrong with the story. Wonder if she needs the $$? Oprah should have really checked her facts.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:17 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,491,686 times
I agree, 10 years of consensual sex is a very long time. Her father is dead now and cannot defend himself. It may not be true, or it may be true and now that he is dead and gone and she needs money and it makes for a provocative story. I just find it strange that she literally disappears from the headlines/tabloids and suddenly writes a book and all of this appears.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:29 PM

Mackenzie Phillips was 19 years old when she slept with her father the first time. In Hollywood lives 19 is more like 30. She had already lived like an adult and been involved with drugs and sex for 5 years. Even if it is true that her father raped her the first time, there was no reason to continue with that voluntarily for 10 more years.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:06 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,653,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Wow. Just, Wow.
I agree.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:15 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,172,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I agree, 10 years of consensual sex is a very long time. Her father is dead now and cannot defend himself. It may not be true, or it may be true and now that he is dead and gone and she needs money and it makes for a provocative story. I just find it strange that she literally disappears from the headlines/tabloids and suddenly writes a book and all of this appears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Mackenzie Phillips was 19 years old when she slept with her father the first time. In Hollywood lives 19 is more like 30. She had already lived like an adult and been involved with drugs and sex for 5 years. Even if it is true that her father raped her the first time, there was no reason to continue with that voluntarily for 10 more years.
exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
I agree.
sorry to shock ya Beth.......I say what I mean and mean what I say and don't just go along with everyone else

Old 09-24-2009, 11:37 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,598,499 times
IDK I'm thinking Mack may have fallen off the deep end. I mean if she just needed money why not just say he molested her as a child? I don't know why she wants this story on her back I think she has some serious problems from living such a dysfunctional life and being exposed to so much at an early age. Her book looks thick and I will have to do a look/see perferably without paying for it. I was a teen at the same time as her and Valerie so it may be an interesting read. I don't get her but I can't hate her.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:53 AM

On Oprah Mackenzie said she was doing this, and wrote the book, to rid herself of her demons and face it so she can move forward in her life. Most people that do this do it in the privacy of a psychiatrist's office, not on every tv show they can book themselves on and in the pages of a book for many millions of people to see and read. This is a hugely unsettling situation she talks about. You simply do not hear of a father and daughter having a 10 year consensual intimate relationship. I feel it is a very self-absorbed situation to plaster across the pages of a books, newspapers and on tv. This also involves emotions of family members, not just her.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:16 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,493,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
go ahead and waste yor time feeling sorry for them and buy into their "oh it was the drugs" crap. I have an addict in my family. I know what it can do and we tried helping him over and over................they have to help themselves or die. Either way-THEY make choices and it's not up to me to feel sympathy for them. When an addict dies due to their choice--so be it. When one continues to screw up and let's the drug be the driving force in all their bad choices-screw em. No one MAKES them do the drug the first,second or more times...........
Let me guess----you are a Rush Limbaugh fan right?

Old 09-25-2009, 07:29 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,151,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Wow. Just, Wow.
I agree +1

Victims of incest aren't like you and me. It is an extremely painful, shameful, hurtful thing. Again, working as a CASA volunteer I have heard and seen it all.

Maybe this will finally help her move on and not turn to drugs anymore. I think she has been doing drugs to cover up the pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities