Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:20 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I took my 6 year old and she liked it alot. I thought it was great. For me, it solidified the fact that Michael Jackson was a true genius at his craft. It was cool also to see how much work goes into producing such a show. Everyone who worked on it should be proud. The thriller piece was my favorite. My second favorite was the Earth song. Oh MJ why did you have to go and destroy yourself?? The world really needed you right now. His comeback would have been so refreshing. I think he could have made himself completely relevant again. What a tragedy...
He was always relevant. It was the tabloid media that destroyed him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 11:32 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
It does feel a little morbid.
Better if they had waited a year IMO.
Yeah I want to go see it but at the same time I don't. It's too soon and frankly I get a little annoyed at seeing his dad and some of his brothers on tv all day every day.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:27 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,250,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yeah I want to go see it but at the same time I don't. It's too soon and frankly I get a little annoyed at seeing his dad and some of his brothers on tv all day every day.
You're smart. Wait until you're ready. I thought I was, but I don't think I'm totally healed b/c the movie mad me more sad than providing any sort of closure. Yes, my curiousity was fulfilled, but at the same time, it kind of reversed the healing process.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:49 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,225,632 times
Phenomenal...it was almost like he wasn't really dead for a couple of hours. Would have been a great concert if his life was not cut short. Regardless of how chemically dependent he was, he continued to have talent right up until the end. His songs are inspirational if people take the time to listen. It's not all about the moves, but those are great to watch too!

Old 11-05-2009, 12:27 AM

1,032 posts, read 2,710,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
I dont get it. Why is a movie featuring an ugly pedophile in tight pants singing sold out?

Its kinda ironic..the title of his movie is "This is It"...then he died.
And he still has done more for the world than you ever will. Shut the F*** up.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:01 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,287,184 times
I went Tuesday and was let down. Michael is a consummate professional and real true genius but something about him seemed "off". Was not really impressed overall. Of course Michael can do the Thriller and Smooth Criminal dance sequences... he had done them for over 20 years. Kenny Ortega comes across like a Type A jerk. At one point towards the end of the film he actually makes fun of MJs dance move, this strange pointing thing that he never did before. Most likely a result of being on tons of drugs. Sorry that is my opinion. I can't believe this was left in the film, a moment where Ortega makes fun of MJ. I couldn't tolerate it. Bad was left out of the film too. Either because Ortega did not want to do "bad" spin or becaue MJ is in fact no longer really bad. Why would they leave such an important song out of the film? Could Michael no longer do the Bad sequence?

Old 11-06-2009, 05:10 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,287,184 times
I went Tuesday and was let down. Michael is a consummate professional and real true genius but something about him seemed "off". Was not really impressed overall. Of course Michael can do the Thriller and Smooth Criminal dance sequences... he had done them for over 20 years. Kenny Ortega comes across like a Type A jerk. At one point towards the end of the film he actually makes fun of MJs dance move, this strange pointing thing that he never did before. Most likely a result of being on tons of drugs. Sorry that is my opinion. I can't believe this was left in the film, a moment where Ortega makes fun of MJ. I couldn't tolerate it. Bad was left out of the film too. Either because Ortega did not want to do "bad" spin or becaue MJ is in fact no longer really bad. Why would they leave such an important song out of the film? Could Michael no longer do the Bad sequence?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:14 PM

199 posts, read 242,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
I went to see it and thought it was very good. You didn't think "Billie Jean" was good? Granted it wasn't his better dances in TII but you have to remember these were rehearsals and he didn't put his all into them. I think a lot of people forget that. Imo, he still had it in him to dance the night away. Those concerts would hve been the bomb!

Old 11-07-2009, 09:44 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,936,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post

Wow... we obviously didn't see the same movie. And you do know there were more songs going to be performed during the concert, but not put into the film, right? Sorry they left out your favorite.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:18 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,807 times
It's amazing that we got to see how a concert is prepared behind the scenes, only "after". I wonder how we would view MJ had we seen this earlier. I think we took him and his over-the-top concerts for their face value, without seeing the human working behind the scenes.... without really understanding how much work he put in the months of preparations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities