Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:24 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,156,622 times

Advertisements

It was magnificent! I will go see it again!! Def. great for kids. There were many in the theatre yesterday when I was there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 12:09 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,616,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I just saw the movie. Was there more after all the credits? They were showing some cuts during the credits and then they were just showing credits and I didn't think anything else was going to come on, so I left before the final credits were done.
Yes. There was a little more. Here's the youtube video (ignore the background noise if you can):

YouTube - Michael jackson THIS IS IT (RARE unseen footage)

Old 11-02-2009, 12:11 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,616,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
What ages would you take a kid to see it? I'm wondering if my kids can stand to sit through it?
I took a 13, 10 and 8 year old. They enjoyed it.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 AM

5,193 posts, read 5,777,528 times
I think I'll wait to see it - it is just too soon after his death for me.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:27 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,941,645 times
Saw it on Friday and was mesmerized! Hubby even walked away sayin, "WOW!" and he wasn't excited to see it at all, he just took me 'cuz he knew I wanted to see it.

The Thriller performance would've been SPECTACULAR to see!!!!

The young people that spent so much time working so hard... my hats off to them, they were all phenomenal and should be SO proud of themselves!

And what about that female guitar player!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:12 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,868,927 times
I took my 6 year old and she liked it alot. I thought it was great. For me, it solidified the fact that Michael Jackson was a true genius at his craft. It was cool also to see how much work goes into producing such a show. Everyone who worked on it should be proud. The thriller piece was my favorite. My second favorite was the Earth song. Oh MJ why did you have to go and destroy yourself?? The world really needed you right now. His comeback would have been so refreshing. I think he could have made himself completely relevant again. What a tragedy...

Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,537,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I took my 6 year old and she liked it alot. I thought it was great. For me, it solidified the fact that Michael Jackson was a true genius at his craft. It was cool also to see how much work goes into producing such a show. Everyone who worked on it should be proud. The thriller piece was my favorite. My second favorite was the Earth song. Oh MJ why did you have to go and destroy yourself?? The world really needed you right now. His comeback would have been so refreshing. I think he could have made himself completely relevant again. What a tragedy...

Old 11-02-2009, 07:21 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,958,045 times
I went to see it this weekend. It was good, but not great. I agree that it's a terrible tragedy that he is gone, but the lifestyle he lived along with the "yes men" he had all around him is what caused his early demise.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:27 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,475,813 times
I saw it last night. It pretty much summed up in two hours why he was such a great entertainer. Go MJ. RIP my man...

Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,465,577 times
Just seen it. I take back all doubts I ever had about his ability to perform, after 10 years of absence. He is magnificent. Like one person there said, "He knows all his tunes, tones, tempos..." His body knows what to do... These would have been concerts on the same level as we remember him from before, - nothing less. The young people are great, and you can see that they were living their dream...

And the softness of Michael, his message of love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Oh MJ why did you have to go and destroy yourself??
Lisa Marie Presley said, and I believe her in this particular instance, that MJ idolized Elvis and had his own premonition that he would end up like him... The power of visualization, I think, did lead him to the same end... Sad that he couldn't stop when he had kids....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities