Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:39 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,030,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Just because my thinking is in the minority, doesnt make me wrong. I simply dont admire an obviously sick man that was a has-been in my time.

Fact 1: He'd had so much plastic surgery his nose was falling off. He looked more like a strange woman than a man.

Fact 2: He got in trouble not once, but twice, for messing around with 13 year old boys.

Fact 3: He hung his infant son off of a freakin balcony. There's a mentally healthy individual for you.
Yes...all SOO much to admire just because he's dead.

His music is overrated IMO, and the man himself isnt worth all of the adulation he's recieved since his death. Interesting that in order to actually get GOOD press coverage, he has to die first.
If you don't like MJ, don't come in here only to spew your vitriol in this post. Go associate w/ some other non-fans.

To all my MJ fans in here, much love & DON'T STOP TIL YOU GET ENOUGH!!!

xoxo,
Chanteuse

Last edited by Chanteuse d' Opéra; 10-29-2009 at 04:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 12:35 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
If you don't like MJ, don't come in here only to spew your vitriol in this post. Go associate w/ some other non-fans.

To all my MJ fans in here, much love & DON'T STOP TIL YOU GET ENOUGH!!!

xoxo,
Chanteuse
Right on, sister. I saw it twice already and it was great...and this was only the rehearsal. I can only imagine what the concert would have been like. Although, I keep thinking this was planned to be a movie all along. I really believe there is more footage to come because imo a lot of the numbers were half done i.e. Smooth Criminal and Thriller.

Did you stay til the very end? They show more after the credits.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:32 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Right on, sister. I saw it twice already and it was great...and this was only the rehearsal. I can only imagine what the concert would have been like. Although, I keep thinking this was planned to be a movie all along. I really believe there is more footage to come because imo a lot of the numbers were half done i.e. Smooth Criminal and Thriller.

I agree. This is a thread about the movie. If you don't like MJ, take it to another thread. We stayed until the credits were almost over. I felt like I knew most of the people from TV interviews. My bad. We might see it again and plan on buying the DVD when it's released. However, I just read they're not going to release it until after Christmas because of objections from theater owners. I don't understand their reasoning if the movie only going to run for two weeks. I did read the footage was for MJ's use, but maybe he was planning on a movie.
As I posted in the movie forum, "This is It" was mesmerizing and very uplifting.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM

163 posts, read 420,408 times
its funny/sad to think that just months before his death he was viewed as a predatory monster.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasusBelli View Post
its funny/sad to think that just months before his death he was viewed as a predatory monster.
Yes, by the uninformed.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post

I just saw the movie. Was there more after all the credits? They were showing some cuts during the credits and then they were just showing credits and I didn't think anything else was going to come on, so I left before the final credits were done.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:57 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,729 times
I am going to see it today with my husband, daughter and son......can't wait! Heard it was great and this is an early b-day present to myself!

Old 11-01-2009, 08:45 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
For those of you who have seen it was it/is it Oscar worthy? A lot of people are throwing that around.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:48 AM

The deadline has passed for it to be nominated in the documentary class for an Oscar. The number of movie nominations has been increased to ten nominations and it makes the deadline. Entering it in the Oscar race this year means "This Is It" cannot be considered in the documentary category next year.The AP is reporting that Sony will submit the doc in categories ranging from film editing and sound to Best Picture and Best Director. No nomination for music because the music wasn't created specifically for the film. The Golden Globe has no documentary class. IMHO, it's Oscar worthy, but I wish it could be nominated in the documentary class.

Could 'This Is It' win an Oscar? - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091029/ap_en_mu/us_film_jackson_s_oscar_prospects - broken link)

Jackson’s “This Is It” DVD Pushed to 2010, Doc Dominates Theaters : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/10/30/jacksons-this-is-it-dvd-pushed-to-2010-as-doc-dominates-theaters/ - broken link)

Old 11-01-2009, 02:21 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
What ages would you take a kid to see it? I'm wondering if my kids can stand to sit through it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities