Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 06:54 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
trapster for speed traps. Will work better once more droid people get it. Its used by people reporting where speed traps and checkpoints are. So far so good. I suppose it depends on where you live though.
I used Trapster with my Garmin, but didn't even think to look for it when I got my Evo. Unless they use a different database, it shouldn't matter what platform its users are on - the traps will show on all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 02:29 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,254,094 times
I just got my Droid X last week and am loving the apps! So many more than Blackberry or Palm--I think I have finally arrived!

So far I have gotten good mileage from these:

Audible--so much better than the Blackberry app!
Barcode Scanner--easy to download more apps!
Touchdown for email and calendar
Games: Real BlackJack, YahtC Classic, Classic Simon, Bonsai Blast
NPR
Pandora
Banking App

Old 08-09-2010, 05:37 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
Not sure if i mentioned this already i may have. I love scrabble so when i found wordfeud i was very happy. You can play 16 people at a time and there is no time limit to move. It has a couple of bugs such as I cant quit out of a game but hopefully they fix that soon.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:52 AM

43,279 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Barnes and Noble Nook eReader app yesterday. Slick.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:12 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
biorythms
currency converter
droid light
air horn
key ring
mortgage calculator
shazam
rmembr lite
wikidroid

skype mobile
mabilo sounds
dolphin browser
3 banana

are the ones i havent seen mentioned i like.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:14 PM

33 posts, read 56,698 times
Just a few from the list I currently use:

Barcode is a must just for the ease of downloading apps also apkinstaller if you prefer to download apps/games as apk files.

Wifi Analyzer great for finding local wifi hotspots around you and channels that are less crowded.

Advanced Task Killer a must if you wanna save more battery life.

Anycut allows you to create home shortcuts to anything great if ya like to customize.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:42 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Looove my new Droid X. I've had it for a week or so.

My apps:

WeatherBug
GoFitness
DroidFit - trying to find an exercise log I like - not pleased with either of these
My Tracks - tracks your hikes/bike rides/whatever, superimposes over Google maps, and you can export and track - love this!
Yelp
Pandora
Magic 8 Ball - just for fun
Jewellust - the only app I paid for, about $3 - addictive
IMDb
Grocery IQ - I think it has a bar code scanner but haven't used it yet
Coupons - seems like a really good collection of local, current coupons (clothing, car repair, stuff like that - not groceries), but I haven't used it yet either
Bank of America mobile app

And the apps that came with the phone (browser, text message, etc.). I like the widget that lets you call or text someone with one touch and use that a lot. I also have shortcuts to a couple documents in Google Docs: the checking account ledger, a notepad where I jot down ideas for gifts and stuff, and a little app my husband made where he can add stuff to my shopping list.

My husband has a ton of apps, LOL. A guitar tuner, compass (handy - I need to get that), a cool one that tells you what stars are above you just by your pointing at them (I want that too - great for evening hikes). He has the light saber and a double-barrel shotgun. Oh, and some reader so he can download books.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:07 AM

858 posts, read 2,993,060 times
Thinking of jumping to Verizon Droid, or iPhone when verizon gets it, and am just wondering if all the Apps free, or if not, what do they cost on average?

Old 08-15-2010, 10:03 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,254,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc515 View Post
Thinking of jumping to Verizon Droid, or iPhone when verizon gets it, and am just wondering if all the Apps free, or if not, what do they cost on average?
So far I have paid a grand total of zero for my apps. I will have to pay for Touchdown when my trial is up. I need it for my work email.

The quality of the games are VERY nice, too! They aren't what you might think of when you think free.

You will love android!

Old 08-15-2010, 03:16 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,461,363 times
Here are mine:

Facebook
Twidroid (much better than the "officical" Twitter app)
Taber's Medical Dictionary (not free)
The Weather Channel
Advanced Task Killer
AK Notepad
BeamReader (PDF Reader; I sprang for the paid version)
Funny Jokes
Google Goggles (useless, in my experience)
Gentle Alarm
Flixter Movies
Scanner Buddy (listen to Police, EMS, etc. radio from around the world.)
WhitePages

I am going to check out Grocery IQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones