Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 08:10 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times

Advertisements

Just in case you thought the content your phone calls, text messages, and email were private.

NSA spying flap extends to contents of U.S. phone calls | Politics and Law - CNET News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 12:33 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,276,114 times
This has been interesting news. Most of it, I am wondering how many people were really surprised about though. By most of it, I mean the part where the potential to have that kind of information spied on was totally out of the question.

Personally speaking other than business calls which do have company information that is confidential, really dont see ANY relevance in this whole thing.

So, the govt see when I get on my various laptops and cellphones everyday, when run absolutely mundane errands and where I go on vacation etc etc?
Pure excitement.

If they are looking for breaks in communication (which it seems they are) that can have potential leads to criminal activity, go for it. This is 2013 and lines of communication havent had boundaries for decades.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:01 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Yes this is 2013 when such data run thru a computer program can profile you to a accurate degree. Besides the issue is really on the constitutionality of the search methods which have been ruled as unreasonable time and again by supreme Court in most serious criminal cases. They have always been able to get them but only by a warrant based on probable cause. They can also do it by consent search which you allow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones