Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:50 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,251,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Why not just tell him to come in earlier?
And if that does not work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 09:59 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,756,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I pay the rent and bills here. Find your own place. Never had that problem because mine all knew that the doors to this house inside lock at 10PM on weeknights and 12 on weekends and if they ain't in by that time, they don't get back in until 0700. One of them tried it once and after he spent a cold night outside in his car, he got the message.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:26 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,414,928 times
Quote:
Then the OP probably shouldn't have had kids, if you can't control your kid, there is no respect, so what's the point?

Old 12-04-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
Then the OP probably shouldn't have had kids, if you can't control your kid, there is no respect, so what's the point?
15/16 years after they are born - is not the time to decide not to have kids.

Then there is the outside influences that impact child rearing - someday you might even have a child or children and you will then come to know the frustrations of child rearing - and, you cannot say that you already know because you don't.

Frankly part of the problem IMO has been the ability for parents to discipline their child has been taken away in a lot of ways. That is societies fault. Also, kids have too much freedom and too many material things today - that only adds to the "mix" and exacerbates the problem of disciplining a child.

Drugs and booze then add another dimension / component.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I pay the rent and bills here. Find your own place. Never had that problem because mine all knew that the doors to this house inside lock at 10PM on weeknights and 12 on weekends and if they ain't in by that time, they don't get back in until 0700. One of them tried it once and after he spent a cold night outside in his car, he got the message.
In our State KevK, if the person is a minor (under 18 years of age), and you do as you described (lock out of the house), you could very easily face child endangerment or child neglect or child abuse (or all 3) charges. These charges could cause you to be incarcerated.

I don't know about where you live but here - parents don't dare do as you describe.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:38 PM

There is no excuse for poor parenting, I don't need to have kids to know this.

If you're caught out past midnight, at least in Phoenix, you're either given a chance to call your parents and be taken home, otherwise you're taken to a "dentention center" until the morning when you can be picked up, you won't be charged for locking your kids out of your house for disobeying the parent.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
There is no excuse for poor parenting, I don't need to have kids to know this.

If you're caught out past midnight, at least in Phoenix, you're either given a chance to call your parents and be taken home, otherwise you're taken to a "dentention center" until the morning when you can be picked up, you won't be charged for locking your kids out of your house for disobeying the parent.
You can be charged for locking they out of their home. You are wrong.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
You can be charged for locking they out of their home. You are wrong.
Sure you can be charged, but you're not going to be.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Sure you can be charged, but you're not going to be.
Not necessarily true.

There are various factors taken into consideration - age for instance. Under 15, chances of being charged rise substantially.

And that is just one.

I'd suggest not making such "blanket" all encompassing statements as you do -

Old 12-04-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Not necessarily true.

There are various factors taken into consideration - age for instance. Under 15, chances of being charged rise substantially.

And that is just one.

I'd suggest not making such "blanket" all encompassing statements as you do -
Why would a kid under the age of 15 be out past midnight? That falls under poor parenting.

You're just assuming, rather than comprehending the posts, that's not my fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones