Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 07:17 PM

870 posts, read 1,679,588 times

Advertisements

We moved here about 2 months ago..I was born and bred a New England girl. I have yet to come across any rudeness here. Quite the opposite. I have to admit, I probably overdue the niceness myself because its just in my nature to be a bit more abrupt, fast paced and aggressive and I don't want to stand out as the northerner.

I must have been downtown the day you were because I too saw the kids in/out of the fountains with the diapers on..gross.

Give the area another try..I really have seen and met the kindest of people down here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 11:27 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,768,733 times
Just the title of the OP's thread is just a tad insulting...."Are ALL people rude in Charleston?" Come on! Talk about blanket statements.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:26 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,679,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
Just the title of the OP's thread is just a tad insulting...."Are ALL people rude in Charleston?" Come on! Talk about blanket statements.
Sheesh, how rude of you to point out their rudeness.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:34 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,034,456 times
My goodness, what an experience. I can't say that I have seen this rudeness but I rarely encounter rudeness at all. Perhaps I have a bit of a rosy colored glasses viewpoint on things. Shoot, I had to go to the DMV yesterday and even there, everyone was quite kind and friendly. Of course, I tend to strike up conversation with just about anyone. I think a smile and a bit of friendliness goes a long ways to creating your own experience.

Now, people allowing their children in the water in dirty diapers - that's just a bit of a lack of common sense and perhaps a bit low class. I can't say that's specifically rude though. I would shake my head at that and then likely avoid that water though.

Although, I DID have something happen that I've never seen here before. There was quite a bit of traffic the other day on Hwy 17 in Mt P because Rifle Range was closed. We're all sitting in bumper to bumper traffic - not fun! I usually take that opportunity to enjoy my music but I digress. Anyway, this lady, out of the blue, starts honking her horn at the traffic. I've seen that on TV but never here. It was a bit funny though because all of us around her looked at her like she had lost her mind. She stopped. A little bit of traffic is no cause for raising such a ruckus. But, it WAS a first for me.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 AM

870 posts, read 1,988,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
Sheesh, how rude of you to point out their rudeness.
If them pointing out rudeness is rude then you pointing out the rudeness of them pointing out someone else's rudeness must be extra rude...I'm joking of course

It isn't often that I type things that even confuse me a little...

Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 AM

11 posts, read 26,245 times
I didn't say all people are rude I ask if all were

Old 07-24-2012, 09:31 AM

can some explain car taxs and other taxs there is it a no fault state? is there tax on groceries?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:33 AM

sorry one more question I am trying to choose between Jacksonville fl and James island taxs cost of living things to do etc...

Old 07-24-2012, 10:01 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,283,582 times
Anything's a step up from Detroit. You might have more options in your price range in Jacksonville.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:47 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,679,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techgeek View Post
If them pointing out rudeness is rude then you pointing out the rudeness of them pointing out someone else's rudeness must be extra rude...I'm joking of course

It isn't often that I type things that even confuse me a little...
How rude of you to say that! Heehee

Your post actually made me a little dizzy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area