Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 08:27 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,321,831 times

Advertisements

Honestly, the area is all so beautiful we'll drive to Folly sometimes from Mt. P. I love the drive (except for the Camp intersection with Folly).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 08:59 PM

5,283 posts, read 6,221,083 times
FWIW- Folly has calmed down some since they banned alcohol on the beach. And the diferent areas of the Folly itself are also vary pretty varied between surfers, college kids, families, partiers, etc. The east end tends to be more family friendly.

I think James Island is more southern and Mt Pleasant more transplant friendly. And word to whoever mentioned the Citadel Mall taking a dive. I'm not a huge mall shopper so each time I go it seems to have dwindled even more. The one bright spot might be that if enough tenants fold they might tear it down or redesign the mall to suit modern trends. It seems like all the tenants with exterior access are fine and most of the ones with only interior access are dicey. The parking lots (aside from target) are so barren they could almost ring the mall with satellite stores- and the pet store, dicks, movie theater all seem to be doing fine so maybe that would be preferable. Even Azalea square in Summerville (which is a strip center) and Northwoods & the strip mall with Best Buy in North Charleston seem to be thriving. Its like time forgot Citadel Mall.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:29 AM

97 posts, read 171,570 times
Thanks! I love reading these posts. All very helpful!

Old 08-29-2013, 02:38 PM

97 posts, read 171,570 times
I'm just re-reading some posts and bringing this one back. Haha. What family oriented neighborhoods would you recommend in JI that go to good schools? I'm thinking like Sandlot neighborhood where kids roam kinda thing. Someone mentioned Riverland Terrace which I'm checking out.. But what else? Thanks!

Old 08-29-2013, 05:50 PM

142 posts, read 270,349 times
We are about to move to Bayview Farms, depending on your budget, I'd check out Seaside Plantation, Stiles Point, Parrot Bluff, etc.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:23 AM

42 posts, read 41,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281 View Post
We are about to move to Bayview Farms, depending on your budget, I'd check out Seaside Plantation, Stiles Point, Parrot Bluff, etc.
All great places to live. Fort Johnson Road's east (?) end, down past the high school, has a lot of great places to live. Lots of trees, established neighborhoods zoned to decent schools, proximity to the parks and soccer fields, make that area really worth looking into. The big minus however is the PM traffic on Harborview Rd. Egh.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:36 AM

Yeah, I just moved to off Fort Johnson, and haven't really had any problems with traffic. I go to work around 6:45/7, and come home around 4, and it's an easy drive on Harborview so far at least. 7:30/8 and 5, you may have some problems, but that's pretty much anywhere.

They are widening Harborview to have a center turn lane at some point in the future.

Regardless, I love it over here, and am very happy we moved here.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:57 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,321,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281 View Post
Yeah, I just moved to off Fort Johnson, and haven't really had any problems with traffic. I go to work around 6:45/7, and come home around 4, and it's an easy drive on Harborview so far at least. 7:30/8 and 5, you may have some problems, but that's pretty much anywhere.

They are widening Harborview to have a center turn lane at some point in the future.

Regardless, I love it over here, and am very happy we moved here.
They need a light at that Fort Johnson and Harborview!

Old 09-15-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I wouldn't know, I cut through.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:36 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,071,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I thought they looking into putting a traffic circle in at that intersection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area