Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:28 PM

31 posts, read 67,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
It was not memorable. The rosemary fries....weren't. The burger was fine. Not compelling, not memorable, just fine. Newks is a much better eatery, just down a few steps.
My take exactly. I enjoyed the burger, but the rosemary fries were simply awful to me. Drinks? Plenty of places have that Coke machine. Not bad, but nothing to write home about. In Summerville, Matt's is still my burger joint of choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 07:14 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,244,311 times
I just ate at the Summerville location for the first time today and I was less than impressed. The only other SB I'd ever been to was in Bossier City, LA and I used to go there at least once a week. I loved that place.

But, everything about this location is off. The burger was average. The bun was plain. The veggies were just not all that flavorful. And the Smashfries were an incredible disappointment. They were overdone, cold and, again, flavorless. They tasted a little like McDonalds fries that have been sitting under the heat lamp too long

The milkshake was still great and the service was OK. But, I gotta say, I'm not planning to go back.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:11 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,050,343 times
Oh wow . I hate to read this, I was planning on going soon to try it out. Maybe I'll wait a month or so, give it some time to get the opening kinks worked out...

Old 10-15-2013, 11:23 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,998 times
One of my friends went on Saturday and said it was delicious and tasty. Burger was great, fries were great, and his wife's chicken sandwich was outstanding. And they are foodies.

There's some more positive perspective.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:26 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,281,291 times
We went on Saturday. It was wonderful as usual . I missed my baja cobb salad!

Old 10-16-2013, 08:12 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,050,343 times
Cool deal, thanks guys. I probably won't get out there for a few weeks anyway, but I am excited to try it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area