Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 08:59 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,956,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Up to date list of apartments/condos in the Metro area.
That's a lot of folks.
Charleston Regional Business Journal | Charleston, SC
Most terrifying bit about that is that none of the 1500 in Charleston are completed..... not even talking about Carolina Park those 1500 residences will probably add at most 5k people? I think 100k by 2020 is starting to look conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 02:37 AM

18 posts, read 21,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero View Post
I haven't been in the Doschers for many years but maybe I should visit. It looks pretty rough from the outside and I've thought I wouldn't want to eat anything from that store. Maybe I'm just being too wimpy and missing out on an interesting place. I wonder if they could rebrand themselves as a charcuterie...
Here's a writeup of Doscher's from 2014.

I will admit that it's not the fanciest grocery store, but there are so many items you won't find anywhere else. It would be an absolute shame for it to go away.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:28 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,685,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineskyscrapers View Post
All crops need pesticides. That's the BS part of it. With "organic" food, you're simply left with more natural ones that they used to use before the newly developed ones (that have less negative effects on humans). It's backwards, but people believe the opposite.
All crops don't "need" pesticides. That our government allows synthetic pesticides to be sprayed on food that is then labelled a organic is pure BS.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:30 AM

3,590 posts, read 4,351,602 times
It's highly debatable if the newer pesticides have less effect on humans than the organic ones. More often than not, the newer pesticides weren't developed out of sensitivity to impact on humans.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:11 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,596,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Up to date list of apartments/condos in the Metro area.
That's a lot of folks.
Charleston Regional Business Journal | Charleston, SC
A lot of folks is right! The traffic implications for John's Island alone are staggering. I think I've seen that list before from that journal. I wish there was a map version...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyCHS View Post
Here's a writeup of Doscher's from 2014.

I will admit that it's not the fanciest grocery store, but there are so many items you won't find anywhere else. It would be an absolute shame for it to go away.
That's a great article! I'm going to have to stop in there, maybe today.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:13 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Like most movements the pendulum swings.....at one time we blasted the daylights out of everything with the most powerful pesticides. Then there is this slow swing to the other end that we do nothing to food.....and now we are coming to realize that -- it is important to have a balance. Some of the fruits and vegetables are better for the changes humans have made....we just have to be careful that the stuff used to kill bugs, make produce better, isn't going to kill us or make us have worse health problems.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:48 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,065,053 times
Quote:
Interesting summary and good (to me) to hear that the Mt P WF employees have been told West Ashley. Hope that means something but it seems the most likely location to me anyway.

What don't you like about the Doscher's site? That and the Food Lion site are the two most likely in my mind.

I didn't realize Doscher's was still around. Didn't it used to be called Doscher's Red & White, or maybe that still is the full name? There used to be a Doscher's on James Island at the corner of Folly & Camp.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:29 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,596,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
I didn't realize Doscher's was still around. Didn't it used to be called Doscher's Red & White, or maybe that still is the full name? There used to be a Doscher's on James Island at the corner of Folly & Camp.
I've lived on Folly Beach and James Isl for over 30 years and I don't remember a Doschers at Camp and Folly. Was it farther back than that or is my memory shot?

Old 12-29-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
I've lived on Folly Beach and James Isl for over 30 years and I don't remember a Doschers at Camp and Folly. Was it farther back than that or is my memory shot?

Yeah, it was years ago, like back in the 60/70's. It was located in that little strip center on the far right of the center. There used to be a Gulf gas station in the front parcel of the center in addition to an old fashioned ice house. But maybe my memory is shot too! Help us out MEK if you're still around!

Old 12-29-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:

Oh my memory comes back now. That was not a Doscher's, it was called Sam's Red & White. Does that ring a bell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area