Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2018, 04:26 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,958,651 times

Advertisements

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...741269875.html

Seems like they are planning to widen the last bit of Glenn McConnel Blvd. Though the last bit about extending the road all the way to Ridgeville and connecting with I-26 is much more important if it ever happens, it'll need to hurry though that area of Dorchester is starting to pick up on growth.

Also does anyone know what they are building next to the Mt. Pleasant half of the Ravenel Bridge? I remember an article about building actual tall buildings there but I thought that was shot down.
Never mind it's this and it's a bit shorter than i though it'd be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 04:49 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,691,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
Also does anyone know what they are building next to the Mt. Pleasant half of the Ravenel Bridge? I remember an article about building actual tall buildings there but I thought that was shot down.
I wondered when that would finally go up. I believe it's been approved for a while.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:17 PM

Delta's adding a new daily flight to Boston
https://www.postandcourier.com/busin...1b27c8cb6.html

Old 01-16-2018, 09:49 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
That's good but it'll be tough to beat the Jetblue flight. Those flights are a good price and Jetblue is a very satisfactory airline. The Delta flights will also be on CRJ 900's which are pretty inferior and more cramped than the Airbus A320. Jetblue also offers more legroom than anyone else.

Still, more options regardless.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:13 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...741269875.html

Seems like they are planning to widen the last bit of Glenn McConnel Blvd. Though the last bit about extending the road all the way to Ridgeville and connecting with I-26 is much more important if it ever happens, it'll need to hurry though that area of Dorchester is starting to pick up on growth.

Heck Citadel Mall will have both a D&B and Red Robin before that widening project gets completed.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Heck Citadel Mall will have both a D&B and Red Robin before that widening project gets completed.
Possibly though to be fair 5 years isn't that long.

Old 01-17-2018, 02:05 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Possibly though to be fair 5 years isn't that long.

I was attempting to be humorous.

But on a serious note, if it's going to take 5 years for this 3 mile long widening project, how long will it take to extend GMP to Ridgeville, 30 years? Won't happen in my lifetime.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:44 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Oh, Irma...the airport missed out on 4 million passengers by 12,000. Official number is 3.98 million. CHS says had it not been for Irma the airport would've passed it easily. September took a hit and they estimate 31,000 passengers were lost. Harvey played a role as well since CHS flies to both Bush and Hobby in Houston. The ATL outage probably also played a small role as that's easily CHS' #1 destination.

https://www.postandcourier.com/busin...1a030bb01.html

The airport averaged 10,800 people a day. Airport numbers have doubled since 2010, definitely one of the fastest growing. January will be hampered a bit since the airport was closed for 4 days, but this year should still see a healthy boost with new Philly, Boston, Denver, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Indy, and 2 more Chicago flights coming. The year just started though, could maybe see some new announcements as the year progresses.

Lol I guess it's still close enough to round up. 4 rolls off the tongue better than 3.98.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
Still don't know why it's not Columbus with more people from around here being from that area and Cleveland
There's a seasonal Cleveland flight on United. United purged Cleveland and even got rid of their GSP flight, but kept this one, but kept it seasonal. Cincy is good because it opens up Charleston to that northern Kentucky market as well as Ohio.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:26 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,654,079 times
So Charleston County is letting the contract to widen Glenn McConnell one more lane, but construction is not to begin until 2021? Wow that's only 3 years away, and another 2 years for completion?
Am I missing something here. That lane was needed 5 years ago.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
So Charleston County is letting the contract to widen Glenn McConnell one more lane, but construction is not to begin until 2021? Wow that's only 3 years away, and another 2 years for completion?
Am I missing something here. That lane was needed 5 years ago.
What's the daily commuter number for that stretch? It doesn't seem like it be that busy based off the size of the nearby neighborhoods. That being said I do hope they extend it out to Ridgeville like they talked about doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area