Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2021, 11:45 AM

14 posts, read 14,412 times

Advertisements

I am researching RN jobs near Summerville as my family is looking to relocate next year. I am trying to find information on the kind of salary to expect. There is some info on websites such as Glassdoor and Indeed; however, the salary info varies significantly.

I have my BSN and 18 years of nursing experience. I currently work in an ICU at a large teaching hospital in NJ. If anyone has an info as to salaries in hospitals in the area I'd appreciate it! I tried contacting HR for Trident Medical Center but have not heard back.

Any recommendations for good hospitals to work at is also greatly appreciated. Looks like Summerville Medical Center and Trident in Charleston have good reviews.
Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 12:16 PM

396 posts, read 421,424 times
Nursing jobs pay WAY less than you'll be used to in NJ. Don't be surprised to make less than $18/hr. As for the two facilities you've mentioned, both are owned by HCA. Be careful.

Old 04-28-2021, 01:33 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,384,529 times
https://careers.pageuppeople.com/756...tegory=nursing

Many people work at MUSC facilities and live in Summerville.

Old 04-28-2021, 02:24 PM

727 posts, read 724,076 times
Check on Indeed also. I saw a couple of jobs at Summerville Medical Center and Trident listed.
I'm retired, but explored some DHEC temp jobs related to COVID that paid $27-$30/hr. There is an ED job at Summerville Medical posted on Indeed that lists the salary range as $30-$48/hr (nights I think.)

I'm sure you're aware you may need to apply for licensing depending on NJ's compact status. I came from another compact state and had to apply once I was established here. My SC license is titled RN.R (reciprocity) and I maintain SC's continuing education requirements to keep it active.

Old 04-28-2021, 09:12 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,885,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _burrito View Post
Nursing jobs pay WAY less than you'll be used to in NJ. Don't be surprised to make less than $18/hr. As for the two facilities you've mentioned, both are owned by HCA. Be careful.
Thats for an lpn. So make more than that with experience. . Rn make much more.

Old 04-30-2021, 07:30 PM

14 posts, read 14,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
https://careers.pageuppeople.com/756...tegory=nursing

Many people work at MUSC facilities and live in Summerville.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSJSAS View Post
Check on Indeed also. I saw a couple of jobs at Summerville Medical Center and Trident listed.
I'm retired, but explored some DHEC temp jobs related to COVID that paid $27-$30/hr. There is an ED job at Summerville Medical posted on Indeed that lists the salary range as $30-$48/hr (nights I think.)

I'm sure you're aware you may need to apply for licensing depending on NJ's compact status. I came from another compact state and had to apply once I was established here. My SC license is titled RN.R (reciprocity) and I maintain SC's continuing education requirements to keep it active.
Thanks for the MUSC link. I plan to send them my info/resume to find out more.

Yes, unfortunately NJ is not yet a compact state. It's in the process of becoming one- supposedly this year. If not I think I may have to apply for a temporary license.
Thx!

Old 05-01-2021, 12:07 PM

727 posts, read 724,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diananj View Post

Yes, unfortunately NJ is not yet a compact state. It's in the process of becoming one- supposedly this year. If not I think I may have to apply for a temporary license.
Thx!
Shouldn't be too hard to apply for licensing by endorsement, or to get employed given your experience and specialty area then.

I guess there is still a significant shortage. This article from January says Roper was planning to bring in travel nurses from the Philippines (not sure if that happened)

https://www.counton2.com/news/latest...pital-systems/

Also I read this week that the legislature is looking at ways to prevent DACA students from leaving the state because they cannot get licensed in SC:

https://www.wspa.com/news/proposed-s...onal-licenses/

Last edited by BSJSAS; 05-01-2021 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: duplicate statement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area