Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 10:56 AM

34 posts, read 84,829 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in possibly purchasing a 2 bedroom, 2 bath at the Madison at Park West. It seems that they are no longer directly selling the units, and I can't seem to find any resales.

As I've read reviews, it seems every condo complex has many pros and as many cons associated with them, but this one seems to have 'fewer' cons and seems to be the most affordable. Any additional information, both pros and cons, for this place, or recommendations for other places would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in Albuquerque, and will most likely relocate in June.

Thanks in advance!
Julie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 02:22 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,965,047 times
Slightly more expensive, but check out The Battery @ Park West also.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:38 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,434,635 times
I also like Long Grove on the IOP connector. Closer to beach shopping and restaurants.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:44 PM

4 posts, read 14,582 times
I rent in Madison and it really is a great place. Have you actually gone into the office and talked to the woman in charge? Im pretty sure they have more open, Im not sure about 2 bed/2 bath, though

Old 01-17-2009, 03:38 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,024,889 times
They're closed out on all the 2bed/2baths. It'll have to be a resale. They have a couple 2bed 1 baths, and around 28 1-bedroom units available still. I agree, it is a great little community there. Moved some friends into it this year.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:37 AM

92 posts, read 169,705 times
Hope you don't plan to re-sell any time soon - it will be many years before the local condo and townhome markets recover. Many.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:25 AM

34 posts, read 84,829 times
Default Hamlin

Thanks for all the advice. If I do buy in this area, then I would live there personally for a couple of years, and then keep for a long, long time--vacation/investment home. It seems now is a good time to buy since the market is flooded right now and there is a lot of competition to sell.

Thanks to the advice on this forum, I have it somewhat narrowed down to: the madison, the battery@park west, long grove, and the hamlin. The hamlin seems beautiful, though a bit higher in prices.

Any thoughts on the Hamlin?

Old 01-18-2009, 12:27 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,434,635 times
Hamlin is very nice if you like stairs..

Old 02-08-2009, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 6,855 times
Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30flygirl View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm interested in possibly purchasing a 2 bedroom, 2 bath at the Madison at Park West. It seems that they are no longer directly selling the units, and I can't seem to find any resales.

As I've read reviews, it seems every condo complex has many pros and as many cons associated with them, but this one seems to have 'fewer' cons and seems to be the most affordable. Any additional information, both pros and cons, for this place, or recommendations for other places would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in Albuquerque, and will most likely relocate in June.

Thanks in advance!
Julie

HI,
I currently own a two bed two bath condo. I'm thinking about moving to Texas. e-mail me for further information if you are interested at [email]mike_swei@hotmail.com[/email]

Old 02-08-2009, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 6,811 times
Hi Julie, I have a 2br/2bath condo. Thinking of reselling. E-mail me at [email]cofc2006@gmail.com[/email] for more info. Kat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: