Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2018, 09:07 AM

6,080 posts, read 9,114,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
I think I read yesterday that the state provided loan assurance for a small bank that is loaning money to someone to buy a Jersey Mikes Franchise and locate it in this development.

Edit: Found it, it is actually going to be in Dudley Farm's Plaza in Charleston.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/busine...b843053be.html
That was hidden in there, good find! I wish them well, but I would have thought somewhere closer to downtown could fit their business better, with grabbing the lunch work crew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 02:47 PM

Park Place has updated their site, along with new renderings for the layout of the development. The new renderings now have a hotel, 3 fast food restaurants, 7 big box stores (one labeled grocery), 5 smaller shops, a sit down restaurant, another Sheetz, and the never changing Menards building.

https://ira-realty.com/commercial-de...ts/park-place/

Edit:

So, their brochure shows a different rendering with a Costco as part of a second phase.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:14 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,152,323 times
If this development is anything like Tanyard Station, that site plan will change many, many times with several different layouts posted from time to time.

I'm guessing one of those smaller parcels near Rt. 60, with a drive-thru, will be either another Starbucks or Dunkin or maybe even a Chick-fil-A. Also, from the square footage size listed for the grocery store, my guess is that would be an Aldi.

It would be great to see a Costco in that development because it would help set it apart from the shops out Corridor G.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
If this development is anything like Tanyard Station, that site plan will change many, many times with several different layouts posted from time to time.

I'm guessing one of those smaller parcels near Rt. 60, with a drive-thru, will be either another Starbucks or Dunkin or maybe even a Chick-fil-A. Also, from the square footage size listed for the grocery store, my guess is that would be an Aldi.

It would be great to see a Costco in that development because it would help set it apart from the shops out Corridor G.
Agree completely that this won’t be the final design. ALDI is highly unlikely because it would be right in the middle of two existing ones (Dunbar and Southridge). The fast food layout looks exactly like a Chick-fil-A with double drive-thru and all. Sheetz would also be interesting considering there is one not even a half mile away. Wouldn’t surprise me though, as they have a tendency of doubling up areas.

Old 11-29-2018, 05:56 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Agree completely that this won’t be the final design. ALDI is highly unlikely because it would be right in the middle of two existing ones (Dunbar and Southridge). The fast food layout looks exactly like a Chick-fil-A with double drive-thru and all. Sheetz would also be interesting considering there is one not even a half mile away. Wouldn’t surprise me though, as they have a tendency of doubling up areas.
I drove past there yesterday and wondered why there has been absolutely zero activity since they did some clearing and parked some big boy toys there. That was months ago.

I doubt that Aldi would build right across the street from Kroger, but Sheetz certainly WOULD build right across the street from the Kroger fuel center. I don't eat at Chick-Fil-A, so I don't care if they build there. I'd like to see some place in South Charleston that featured craft beer, like a brewery with a tasting room, a brewpub, a tap room, or a Pies & Pints type place. Olive Tree is the only place in town that has any WV made beer, and they don't usually rotate their offerings.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:18 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,229,546 times
That building next to the Menards sure looks a LOT like a Costco. Hopefully that means they are finally looking at the state to build here. I'd hope/love for three to be built in the state.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:53 AM

583 posts, read 594,976 times
The article in the Gazette by Swint a couple of weeks ago tried to throw cold water on the whole project. Basically saying that the costs for construction would lead to very high prices for leasing. It also mentioned that the fill needed for the pond would be coming from the Jefferson Rd project which has not really even begun other than buying up properties.

It looks like something that has many challenges to overcome and even if this does happen I’m wondering if we are looking at somewhere between a 5 to 8 year window. Everything in this part of WV seems to be a pain in the ass anymore.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:42 AM

33 posts, read 28,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
That building next to the Menards sure looks a LOT like a Costco. Hopefully that means they are finally looking at the state to build here. I'd hope/love for three to be built in the state.
That building really does look like a Costco. Look at this https://www.google.com/maps/place/Co...!4d-80.1655885

Zoom into the gas station and take note of the structure just below the Costco looking building with the three tanks....

This could be very exciting news.

Old 11-29-2018, 03:33 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,152,323 times
"Welcome to Costco. I love you."

Old 11-29-2018, 03:44 PM

Let’s not go crazy here. Costco was featured on the original site plan. I honestly believe a Costco would thrive in that spot. However, realistically getting one with our history of economic development is not likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston