Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 05:11 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,158,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
Menards is by far the greatest home improvement store I’ve ever been to. Any area that has one can consider themselves blessed.
A swing and a miss attempt at humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2022, 05:15 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,158,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
20-26 tenant announcements potentially coming soon, according to the mayor. That’s a lot!
How many will be tanning centers, cell phone stores, and nail salons? Or shoe stores? Or another Aspen Dental location?

How many will just be businesses relocating from other sites from around the valley? For example, Kroger moving from across the road.

I know I'm being cynical but Interstate has a record of underperforming with their projects.

Old 09-02-2022, 05:22 AM

6,101 posts, read 9,142,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
How many will be tanning centers, cell phone stores, and nail salons? Or shoe stores? Or another Aspen Dental location?

How many will just be businesses relocating from other sites from around the valley? For example, Kroger moving from across the road.

I know I'm being cynical but Interstate has a record of underperforming with their projects.
While I agree that it will probably turn into that, Mayor Mullins has said on repeated occasion that most of the stores that will be coming in will be "first in WV" companies. I don't know if that is trustworthy or not, but its quite a statement coming from the mayor.

Old 09-02-2022, 06:27 AM

16,713 posts, read 15,716,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
While I agree that it will probably turn into that, Mayor Mullins has said on repeated occasion that most of the stores that will be coming in will be "first in WV" companies. I don't know if that is trustworthy or not, but its quite a statement coming from the mayor.
Mayor Mullins also said (on TV) that the Evans paint can would be cleaned up, repainted, and put on display somewhere in South Charleston. It's still sitting and rusting back on Second Avenue.

Old 09-02-2022, 07:19 AM

6,101 posts, read 9,142,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Mayor Mullins also said (on TV) that the Evans paint can would be cleaned up, repainted, and put on display somewhere in South Charleston. It's still sitting and rusting back on Second Avenue.
I hadn't heard that. That would be cool if they actually did that, but I see your point. Like you, I am not holding my breath on Park Place. But honestly, anything is better than the nasty swamp/pond that was there IMO. Southridge is still the big retail area for the Valley, and I don't see it being supplanted by this place.

Old 09-02-2022, 09:20 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,516,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post

I hear ya. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Old 09-02-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
I hadn't heard that. That would be cool if they actually did that, but I see your point. Like you, I am not holding my breath on Park Place. But honestly, anything is better than the nasty swamp/pond that was there IMO. Southridge is still the big retail area for the Valley, and I don't see it being supplanted by this place.
I was there when he said it, waiting my turn to talk to the TV reporter. It was the day they brought in a big crane to take the paint can down off the roof of the building when Evans sold it to Ferguson Waterworks. Those of us standing around watching were wondering if the paint can wasn't part of the property that had been sold. The mayor was blowing smoke, just like politicians often do.

You can hear him say it right at the beginning of this 3-1/2 minute video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAB_BbMvpGU

Old 10-26-2022, 03:10 PM

I drove by today and saw that the concrete pad has been poured. I assume that it is the Chick-Fil-A that is being built first.

Old 02-12-2023, 01:41 PM

Check-fil-A has their building almost closed in. Signs are up and the drive through is visible.

The entrance road is partly built, and the traffic lights were changed out this week.

The Prestera Center building was torn down. I thought it was going to stay, but it is now completely gone.

No tenants have been announced, although there is a rumor that Kroger is going to build a big store and close Dunbar and Riverwalk.

Keeping the link to the company near the active posts: https://www.ira-realty.com/featured-...nt/park-place/

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-13-2023 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-12-2023, 04:27 PM

286 posts, read 349,929 times
I was curious on the progress that has been made, thanks for the update!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston