Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 05:41 PM

43 posts, read 127,986 times

Advertisements

we got into an accident a few weeks ago in a newer car. the damage wasnt enough to total it... so it is in the shop ....

we found out about "diminished value" and were hoping someone had experience pursuing this with the insurance company...does anyone know a good attny to go to the ins comp with this issue?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 05:52 AM

540 posts, read 1,706,810 times
Yep, RUN RUN RUN - get an attorney for that! Hurry! And, then have him call me so I can tell him to pound sand!
---
#1) your car's not even fixed yet, but you're claiming it lost value? Did the shop do poor quality repairs?

#2) what's the age of the car, the value of the car and what was the estimate amount?

#3) was there any unibody damage?

#4) did you ask your insurance adjuster about DOV yet?

#5) who is liable for the damages? your company or "the other" company?

Old 07-11-2010, 07:14 PM

743 posts, read 2,244,086 times
Good luck with this approach. We were hit by another driver a year ago in a truck that was only a year old at the time. Is their ins co even accepting liability?? In our case they were not and we are not only pursuing medical but also diminshed value. Our atty says most likely the ins co will not even consider diminished value as an issue. However, you may have better luck.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:40 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestem View Post
Yep, RUN RUN RUN - get an attorney for that! Hurry! And, then have him call me so I can tell him to pound sand!
---
#1) your car's not even fixed yet, but you're claiming it lost value? Did the shop do poor quality repairs?

#2) what's the age of the car, the value of the car and what was the estimate amount?

#3) was there any unibody damage?

#4) did you ask your insurance adjuster about DOV yet?

#5) who is liable for the damages? your company or "the other" company?

gujuman, don't pay any attention to " thestem ".

He/she is an insurance company puppet, always out here crying pity me for the insurance companies and towing their insurance company line.

Contact an attorney and get real legal advice from them. Not this insurance company talking robot.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:07 AM

529 posts, read 1,204,278 times
Gujuman: I can't really help you, but . . .
-In my accident, the other party's insurance cut me a check just for damages, but it was more than $1000 higher than the actual cost of repair! So I did not pursue diminished value. (My car's value is about $7000.)
-My father's car was seriously damaged in an accident ($12000 repair!), and he received compensation for diminished value. I believe all he had to do was ask the other party's insurance for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestem View Post
---
So you would pay the same amount of money for a car that's been in a bad accident as one that hasn't?

Old 07-26-2010, 03:15 PM

540 posts, read 1,706,810 times
So you would pay the same amount of money for a car that's been in a bad accident as one that hasn't? [/quote]

No, I would not! Heck, I'm a realist! And I explain that to people all the time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte