Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:16 PM

4 posts, read 14,581 times

Advertisements

@Resident = I forgot to answer your question about voucher acceptance = there are no private rental properties that accept low-income vouchers...this is related to the housing market (and that it's not approved by the gov.) so that the cost of renting in Ballantyne (vs. the East side i.e.) is significantly higher...they/gov. want to lower the cost of renting in some of the rental locations within Ballantyne that will allow low-income housing possible in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 07:32 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,137,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballantynelocal2010 View Post
@Resident = I forgot to answer your question about voucher acceptance = there are no private rental properties that accept low-income vouchers...this is related to the housing market (and that it's not approved by the gov.) so that the cost of renting in Ballantyne (vs. the East side i.e.) is significantly higher...they/gov. want to lower the cost of renting in some of the rental locations within Ballantyne that will allow low-income housing possible in this area.
Where do you get this? It is nowhere in that article. The article doesn't say anything new. The fact that the council is trying to change some of the affordable housing rules came up during the Ayrsley issue. As for the units being multi-family, why do you think that means they are for teen mothers with four children? Multi-family simply means apartments, townhomes or condos; buildings with multiple units.

I can understand your concern for your area, but school yourself in some basic info before posting.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:59 AM

76 posts, read 147,825 times
Unfortunately when you look at the districts in Charlotte where the CHA has units the Steele Creek area shoulders a disproportionate amount of housing. Steele Creek shouldn't even be on the list based on factors they state in the article. The article is laughable and again proves why the observer has 3 subscribers left. Quotes such as hot pockets from a resident who has been here a year and It's good for the schools???? I don't have an issue with people getting vouchers to help them live but it should have a start and an end date.

There is a need to help those who are in need, I have a problem with helping the same people who continue to procreate and use the system generation after generation. I read an article awhile back about affordable housing that showed the clustering of low income families doesn't work. The solution according to the article was in placing low income families in neighborhoods that have stability. With the amount of development this area has had you would have thought any apartment complex or development would have a percentage of units earmarked for low income or affordable in return for allowing the development.

Maybe the bigger problem is the system. When you have a president who has an Aunt who is an illegal immigrant living in public housing the system is broke. Why in the world do we continue to create the self entitled society?

Old 07-12-2010, 08:01 AM

76 posts, read 147,825 times
BTW Pat Mumford was also on the CMHP board as well as a city council member. so you know where he comes from
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: