Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
All of the towns out here have them. Some are mill houses & some are newer. However, that doesn't help if she gets a job at a hospital someplace like Monroe.

On the other hand, we've had so many of these threads from medical people & the hospital with the most openings is Gaston Memorial. (since everybody wants to work at the hospitals in Charlotte)
Hey, Gaston Memorial is getting lots of recognition lately, especially when Dr. Oz visited last week!

Dr. Oz speaks at Gaston Memorial Hospital - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/07/07/1548664/dr-oz-speaks-at-gaston-memorial.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 09:20 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Hey, Gaston Memorial is getting lots of recognition lately, especially when Dr. Oz visited last week!

Dr. Oz speaks at Gaston Memorial Hospital - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/07/07/1548664/dr-oz-speaks-at-gaston-memorial.html - broken link)
It's a perfectly good hospital, but they all want to get a job in Charlotte.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 900 times
I'm a Charlotte native and have lived in the 28277 zip code, now considered mostly the Ballantyne area, since 1984. Back then a teenager and now a parent, I can honestly say that this area has by far the most to offer of anywhere in the city. Numerous golf courses, fine dining, upscale shopping, wonderful public schools, etc within a 10 mile radius. The homes range from extremely affordable to million dollar mansions. 2 BR's townhomes start as low as $100K and 3-4 BR homes start as low as $150K yet the funny thing is less than a mile away there will be a million dollar mcmansion neighborhood.
Moderator cut: tos violation

Thanks and best of luck!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-14-2010 at 07:00 AM..

Old 07-14-2010, 07:59 AM

595 posts, read 1,623,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Matthew View Post
Hi all, my husband and I are looking to relocate (originaly from MA). We are looking into moving to Charlotte, any advice on housing, nursing jobs, information technology would be very helpful. Also security and tolerance are top priority. Thank you for your input
I don't think any of the big hospitals here hire LPNs anymore. I looked at the openings for Pres, CMC, & Gaston and there were some RN positions but no LPN. You may need to look at a LTC facility instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Matthew View Post
...tolerance [is a] top priority...
What do you mean by tolerance?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:31 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDog3 View Post
I don't think any of the big hospitals here hire LPNs anymore. I looked at the openings for Pres, CMC, & Gaston and there were some RN positions but no LPN. You may need to look at a LTC facility instead.

What do you mean by tolerance?
That is a good point. I have a friend who has her masters in nursing over at CMC and I do remember her telling me the vast majority of their nurses are at least RN's now.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:16 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Cleveland County has 2 hospices. The Kings Mountain facility just opened. Someone else was looking a while back & I posted the links for her & I remember that they were looking for RNs & LPNs. Hospice of Cleveland County

It looks like Gaston County services are different & appear to be handled through CaroMont. Gaston Hospice

It would be easier to start off going by county to check hospice care openings than to start off trying to run down every long term care facility in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte