Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When is Whole Foods coming to Charlotte??
Why do you think WF is not in Charlotte? 0 0%
If WF comes to Charlotte- -will you switch from your current store to WF? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 05:52 AM

9 posts, read 17,645 times

Advertisements

Until then here are some other options for you. FYI Earth Fare is overpriced. I moved here from San Diego & the prices are much higher in Charlotte so you are better off with a Farmer's Market or Local Butcher....

Here are some good sources for buying meat, poultry, & veggies for our new PALEO adventure. Besides your typical Costco, Harris Teeter, or Bi-Lo some of these places offer grass-fed, hormone/steroid free, & nitrate free products.

1. The CHARLOTTE REGIONAL FARMERS MARKET which is located on Yorkmont Road which runs parallel with the Billy Graham Parkway in West Charlotte.

Directions:
It is easy to access from either Interstate 77 or Interstate 85. (FROM INTERSTATE 77: Take EXIT #6B to South Tryon Street - keep South to the first traffic signal past Billy Graham Parkway - Turn Right onto Yorkmont Road and continue for approximately 1.2 miles to the Farmers Market on the left)

Hours:
Tuesday through Saturday - 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM
(October through February)

2. The Meat House
8410 Rea Road
Charlotte, NC 28277
Open Daily 9am - 7pm
Which is right next to the Cosmos Café between Stonecrest and Blakeny shopping Center.
Our Goods

3. What’s your Beef Butcher
14021 Conlon Circle
Charlotte, NC 28277
Welcome to Whats Your Beef Butcher!
They sell harmone, steroid, and antibiotic free beef, poultry, lamb, bison, & wild game.

*What's Your Beef Butcher, we are partnered with a FARM in UNION COUNTY, NC where our meat is raised LOCALLY with NO HORMONES, NO ANTIBIOTICS, and NO STEROIDS. We provide the highest quality meat for our customers. As such, you will find our meats and poultry are all natural and free range with NO hormones, antibiotics, or steroids.

4. Reid’s Fine Foods
2823 Selwyn Ave
Charlotte, NC 28209
Menu

*This upscale grocery with a prepared-food section has become one of uptown's hottest spots during the lunch hour. Lunch and dinner are available, with hot meals, sandwiches, sushi, salads and more on the menu. After browsing aisles of wines and specialty grocery items, customers can hang out on the patio, eat a fresh meal and finish it off with a sinful dessert then attend one of the regular wine tastings or cooking classes.

5. Clean Catch Fish Market
2820 Selwyn Avenue
Suite 150
Charlotte, NC 28209
Clean Catch Fish Market

*This "European style," high-end fish market specializing in the sale of responsibly fished and caught seafood, will delight all seafood shoppers. The market provides weekly tasting demonstrations and preparation/cooking classes. Customers will find specialty and prepared items such as fresh Ahi-tuna meatballs and wild salmon burgers sold alongside wine and beer as well as local organic produce.

6. Baucom’s Best Farm – 100% Grassfed Beef
Family farm is located just outside the Charlotte Metropolitan Area in rural Union County.
704-254-0742
Online orders
Baucom's Best 100% Grassfed Beef
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 05:58 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,878,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziktodd View Post
Until then here are some other options for you. FYI Earth Fare is overpriced. I moved here from San Diego & the prices are much higher in Charlotte so you are better off with a Farmer's Market or Local Butcher....

Here are some good sources for buying meat, poultry, & veggies for our new PALEO adventure. Besides your typical Costco, Harris Teeter, or Bi-Lo some of these places offer grass-fed, hormone/steroid free, & nitrate free products.

1. The CHARLOTTE REGIONAL FARMERS MARKET which is located on Yorkmont Road which runs parallel with the Billy Graham Parkway in West Charlotte.

Directions:
It is easy to access from either Interstate 77 or Interstate 85. (FROM INTERSTATE 77: Take EXIT #6B to South Tryon Street - keep South to the first traffic signal past Billy Graham Parkway - Turn Right onto Yorkmont Road and continue for approximately 1.2 miles to the Farmers Market on the left)

Hours:
Tuesday through Saturday - 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM
(October through February)

2. The Meat House
8410 Rea Road
Charlotte, NC 28277
Open Daily 9am - 7pm
Which is right next to the Cosmos Café between Stonecrest and Blakeny shopping Center.
Our Goods

3. What’s your Beef Butcher
14021 Conlon Circle
Charlotte, NC 28277
Welcome to Whats Your Beef Butcher!
They sell harmone, steroid, and antibiotic free beef, poultry, lamb, bison, & wild game.

*What's Your Beef Butcher, we are partnered with a FARM in UNION COUNTY, NC where our meat is raised LOCALLY with NO HORMONES, NO ANTIBIOTICS, and NO STEROIDS. We provide the highest quality meat for our customers. As such, you will find our meats and poultry are all natural and free range with NO hormones, antibiotics, or steroids.

4. Reid’s Fine Foods
2823 Selwyn Ave
Charlotte, NC 28209
Menu

*This upscale grocery with a prepared-food section has become one of uptown's hottest spots during the lunch hour. Lunch and dinner are available, with hot meals, sandwiches, sushi, salads and more on the menu. After browsing aisles of wines and specialty grocery items, customers can hang out on the patio, eat a fresh meal and finish it off with a sinful dessert then attend one of the regular wine tastings or cooking classes.

5. Clean Catch Fish Market
2820 Selwyn Avenue
Suite 150
Charlotte, NC 28209
Clean Catch Fish Market

*This "European style," high-end fish market specializing in the sale of responsibly fished and caught seafood, will delight all seafood shoppers. The market provides weekly tasting demonstrations and preparation/cooking classes. Customers will find specialty and prepared items such as fresh Ahi-tuna meatballs and wild salmon burgers sold alongside wine and beer as well as local organic produce.

6. Baucom’s Best Farm – 100% Grassfed Beef
Family farm is located just outside the Charlotte Metropolitan Area in rural Union County.
704-254-0742
Online orders
Baucom's Best 100% Grassfed Beef
Just an FYI, the old thread you are responding to is from 7/2010

Old 02-02-2012, 06:11 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Just an FYI, the old thread you are responding to is from 7/2010
Isnt the topic still current, and recommendations.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-02-2012 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-02-2012, 11:32 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Isnt the topic still current and recommendations.
I believe it is still relevant and the info that SUZI posted is very current.

I don't think it is possible to always find less expensive food at farmer's markets, tho - not the ones here. Our experience has been that often, the veggies at the local farmer's markets here are as expensive or more expensive than the produce section at grocery stores, but then we try to buy our produce according to what is on sale at what store.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-02-2012 at 11:41 AM..

Old 02-02-2012, 11:51 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I believe it is still relevant and the info that SUZI posted is very current.

I don't think it is possible to always find less expensive food at farmer's markets, tho - not the ones here. Our experience has been that often, the veggies at the local farmer's markets here are as expensive or more expensive than the produce section at grocery stores, but then we try to buy our produce according to what is on sale at what store.
Produce is bought in bulk at grocery stores which makes it cheaper.

I don't mind paying a little more for local produce. Isn't there a WF's being built at South Park/Phillips place?

Old 02-02-2012, 12:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
I notice no one voted in the poll set over two years ago. HA

Thanks for update Felts, I guess when the store is open then maybe we could change thread title, as I think recommendations and discussion current.

To anyone who does not like old threads being revived, keep in mind most of these threads are discovered in search engines, especially google.
Also as a forum often we encourage people to use search feature so old threads will be revived.

Sometimes threads are dated and info cannot be made current. Use report button or wait for me to look into it as threads with old thread symbol I often will go to first when I skim the forum.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:23 PM

123 posts, read 218,094 times
I'm not into the whole organic thing, but I do love the bakery at Whole Foods. They have an entire counter, the size of a meat counter in H-T, with fresh mini-desserts, which are totally awesome. They also have great other desserts, fresh baked breads. I also loved their cheese section. I don't know of anything else like it in the Charlotte area. Another place I really like, although it's small, is Fresh Foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte