Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2010, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,248 times

Advertisements

relocating to the monroe area in the next few months. I would appreciate any input on jobs, schools, houses, churches, family life. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 06:05 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,380,432 times
OK...a little more info might help us to better help you, such as...What type of work do you do? Ages/Grades for your kids? Several churches, any specific religion?

Or...you could also do a thread search for Monroe.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:58 AM

396 posts, read 972,867 times
Monroe is a large general area. Where in Monroe are you moving to?

Old 03-09-2011, 08:49 PM

25 posts, read 40,908 times
Hi, I am also moving there. My husband got a job near the airport. I am looking for a good elementary and high school. Is it best to look for a house outside Monroe or look in a subdivision? I am new to that idea, what is involved?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 AM

930 posts, read 2,162,231 times
Just my two cents. I live in Monroe and have lived here for three years. If you are going to live in Monroe, I suggest staying North? of 74. The school system in Monroe town is not the greatest. Look for areas around the Porter Ridge School District, or in Indian Trail, the Sun Valley school district. Depending on what you are looking for, you could even look in Unionville in the Piedmont school district. All of these are good schools, very family oriented areas. My younger child goes to Porter Ridge and I have a middle schooler that goes to Piedmont and they both love it. We have met a lot of nice people, especially since my children play sports through the Upward program. Depending on what you are looking for, not really a lot of jobs. Mostly Baptist oriented, but lots of churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte