Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 10:24 PM

17 posts, read 29,258 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We may soon be relocating to the Charlotte area, (and by soon I mean REAL soon!) anyway, I am trying to narrow down which areas/neighborhoods would be best for us. My hubby will be working in Charlotte metro area, we have a 5 yr old, and I work from home. Our price range is $200k or less. The most important things to me are 1. safety 2.schools 3.commute. Where should I be looking? I also like a small town feel (and antique stores too!) Fort Mill? Huntersville? Ballantyne? Blakeney? Matthews? Indian Trail? Indian Land? Rock Hill? and are there any areas within the above areas to steer clear of? I've read somewhere that Regent Park is sorta scary. Any others? Any information will be very helpful! thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 08:16 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnplh View Post
Hello,
We may soon be relocating to the Charlotte area, (and by soon I mean REAL soon!) anyway, I am trying to narrow down which areas/neighborhoods would be best for us. My hubby will be working in Charlotte metro area, we have a 5 yr old, and I work from home. Our price range is $200k or less. The most important things to me are 1. safety 2.schools 3.commute. Where should I be looking? I also like a small town feel (and antique stores too!) Fort Mill? Huntersville? Ballantyne? Blakeney? Matthews? Indian Trail? Indian Land? Rock Hill? and are there any areas within the above areas to steer clear of? I've read somewhere that Regent Park is sorta scary. Any others? Any information will be very helpful! thanks in advance!

The Charlotte "metro" is huge - what location specifically will he be working in, or did you mean he'll be working all over the metro??

Old 09-10-2010, 09:34 AM

299 posts, read 590,396 times
Can you rent first for a while? It will be in your favour if you can take your time to figure out what area works best for you. Rent somewhere central (Elizabeth, Dilworth, Plaza Midwood) and then go from there. GL!

Old 09-10-2010, 10:26 AM

17 posts, read 29,258 times
Hi, He'll be commuting to Independence Blvd. near McAlpine Creek Park. Want to stay within 45 minutes or better. We could rent, but..... don't want to be without a security system, and don't really want to move twice. Thanks for your input!!! I truly appreciate it.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:35 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,370,004 times
Look at Matthews.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,168,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
Look at Matthews.
Why?

Old 09-10-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnplh View Post
Hi, He'll be commuting to Independence Blvd. near McAlpine Creek Park. Want to stay within 45 minutes or better. We could rent, but..... don't want to be without a security system, and don't really want to move twice. Thanks for your input!!! I truly appreciate it.

Working in that area the town of Matthews would be a great choice to live in.

In your price range I suggest you look at established neighborhoods like Brightmoor and Matthews Estates

Old 09-10-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Why?
Maybe because that area of Charlotte is extremely close to the Matthews border and Matthews is a desirable place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte