Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 12:05 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
She's probably not liking how the way "truthful poster's" tend to get jumped on and scrutinized....
If it were just being jumped on and scrutinized it might not be so bad. I've seen posters like lovesmountains, someone with however many thousands of posts and the experience of actually living here behind her, get absolutely mauled by someone with five posts who lives in freakin' Idaho. And I've seen it over the OP not only just misunderstanding something she said, but something so blatantly obvious that you had to wonder if the login was created just to bait her.

Not to mention when the recession hit, this forum became an enormous drag to visit. It seemed like nearly everywhere you turned, there was a reminder of how bad things were and how much worse they could get. That wasn't a lot of fun when you're looking to see what's going on with your C-D buddies, and I think a few of us drifted because of that, too.

It's a shame, because there were a few who you would've sworn on a stack of bibles that they worked for the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce or something. A wealth of knowledge and looking to help folks at the expense of their own time, driven away by obvious trolls and folks too dimwitted to see that someone was trying to do them a favor.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:30 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Count me in for missing Ani posting.......she posted regularly for a long time and always was respectful (putting herself in another person's shoes...)

Hope everything is ok...

Old 01-03-2011, 12:38 PM

810 posts, read 2,292,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
If it were just being jumped on and scrutinized it might not be so bad. I've seen posters like lovesmountains, someone with however many thousands of posts and the experience of actually living here behind her, get absolutely mauled by someone with five posts who lives in freakin' Idaho. And I've seen it over the OP not only just misunderstanding something she said, but something so blatantly obvious that you had to wonder if the login was created just to bait her.

Not to mention when the recession hit, this forum became an enormous drag to visit. It seemed like nearly everywhere you turned, there was a reminder of how bad things were and how much worse they could get. That wasn't a lot of fun when you're looking to see what's going on with your C-D buddies, and I think a few of us drifted because of that, too.

It's a shame, because there were a few who you would've sworn on a stack of bibles that they worked for the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce or something. A wealth of knowledge and looking to help folks at the expense of their own time, driven away by obvious trolls and folks too dimwitted to see that someone was trying to do them a favor.
AMEN.

Here's to Anni . Always a lady.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:54 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Count me in for missing Ani posting.......she posted regularly for a long time and always was respectful (putting herself in another person's shoes...)

Hope everything is ok...
2nd'd or 3rd'd! Whatever is appropriate.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:02 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,029,147 times
I'm a card carrying ani fan club member since I started thinking about my move to this area - years later and being here I still think about so many of her posts helping me in my search... She is the epitome of all that a forum like this represents. We may not have always agreed, but respect reigned above all.

This board is the lesser for her diminished contributions.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:24 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,318 times
You guys are all reading my mind today. I was just wondering too about how Ani was doing since I did not see too many of her posts lately.

I have gotten a ton of excellent information and just fun stuff from her and all the regular posters (you know who you are!), and I hope the positive posts continue on this site b/c it's one of my favorites

Old 01-03-2011, 04:25 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post

The real shame of it was that Ani would take the time to tell family stories to explain certain things here.

I'm planning to cut back on the time here. I have projects to do. The only reason that I'll come on a bit is that there are few people on here who live west of Charlotte & if I don't come on & tell the truth, people who live in Charlotte & know nothing about this area feel a need to paint a very bleak picture. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves, but they do a dis-service.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:52 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
Brian I can't rep you but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your posts here and your great articles on life within Charlotte.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:55 PM

747 posts, read 2,105,772 times
Ive been turned off by the forum also. The epitome for me were the posts about the possible snow coming. I realize some of us want it to snow, others dont, but dont rain on my parade. To be called ridiculous for going to buy a snow shovel, just isnt necessary. So what if the sleds sell out, or if people buy milk and bread. Just way too much negativity for me. When it looked like the snow would miss us, all of the posts were about how awful and full of hype the weathermen were. Where were those posters when it did snow? Ani helped me with advice before my move here, if there were more like her, and less like ------ (fill in your choice here), I'd read the forum more often.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:01 PM

82 posts, read 169,618 times
Geez PEOPLECHAMP, I merely inquired about a poster that I personally liked what they had to say whenever I chose to drop in. Maybe she has the right idea - there was no need to be rude or so condescending ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte