Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:45 PM

29 posts, read 166,015 times

Advertisements

LOVESMOUNTAINS- wanna be my agent? Thanks so much for that. I see the first one is under contract already. Thats been another thing I see, houses that are nice are gone fast! Super fast.

Goredskins- so i485 will be through the west side or how is it supposed to work in general? Thanks for the input. That's something I hadn't heard at all.

Robinh- Yeah I heard Gaston taxes are the highest in the area. When I said upstate SC I meant Cherokee County north of Spartanburg. I'd drive farther for a better deal but Steele Creek looks like exactly where I want to be.
Its only 40 minutes from Gaffney,SC and close enough to everything in Charlotte. I was over by Pineville Mathews Road yesterday so I went right by it.
Thanks for the advice and greatschools link! My little ones are 19mos and 3 months away (wife is 6mos preggo) so I dont have to worry about schools just yet, that might be the straw to break this old camel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 05:50 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyabun View Post
LOVESMOUNTAINS- wanna be my agent? Thanks so much for that. I see the first one is under contract already. Thats been another thing I see, houses that are nice are gone fast! Super fast.

Goredskins- so i485 will be through the west side or how is it supposed to work in general? Thanks for the input. That's something I hadn't heard at all.

Robinh- Yeah I heard Gaston taxes are the highest in the area. When I said upstate SC I meant Cherokee County north of Spartanburg. I'd drive farther for a better deal but Steele Creek looks like exactly where I want to be.
Its only 40 minutes from Gaffney,SC and close enough to everything in Charlotte. I was over by Pineville Mathews Road yesterday so I went right by it.
Thanks for the advice and greatschools link! My little ones are 19mos and 3 months away (wife is 6mos preggo) so I dont have to worry about schools just yet, that might be the straw to break this old camel.
HAHA, I would LOVE to be your agent, IF I were an agent

I actually have more fun on here not being an agent because I can tell people things agents have to be more careful about saying. The idea has crossed my mind to start a service driving folks around the city for a few hours when they come to look around though!

I am happy to help you however I can, please feel free to pm me if you want info on anything specific.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:59 PM

Default ps

ps - here's the thing you can count on with me - I try very hard to give people info on exactly what they say THEY are looking for - unlike some people who only want you to know about their little part of town Sure I have my favorite parts of the city, but I know that in no way means they would be best for everybody.

For instance, Albemarle is a nice enough little rural area - but it is 40 miles from Charlotte, and still someone will show up here recommending it to people who are clearly looking for something else. Even the two realtors who answered you on this thread either weren't paying attention to what you said you wanted, or they just wanted to push their area - Union county. Drives me nuts!

Old 07-25-2007, 06:14 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,219,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
ps - here's the thing you can count on with me - I try very hard to give people info on exactly what they say THEY are looking for - unlike some people who only want you to know about their little part of town Sure I have my favorite parts of the city, but I know that in no way means they would be best for everybody.

For instance, Albemarle is a nice enough little rural area - but it is 40 miles from Charlotte, and still someone will show up here recommending it to people who are clearly looking for something else. Even the two realtors who answered you on this thread either weren't paying attention to what you said you wanted, or they just wanted to push their area - Union county. Drives me nuts!

lovesmountains...you might also want to inform the OP that the Steele Creek is witin sneezing distance of SC (just funnin ya )

Old 07-25-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
lovesmountains...you might also want to inform the OP that the Steele Creek is witin sneezing distance of SC (just funnin ya )
hahahaha - now don't feel slighted - he said he was looking for places with easy access to upstate SC from Greenville up I85, otherwise I would have definitely pointed him in your lovely direction You KNOW I love Tega Cay!

Old 07-25-2007, 06:29 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,459,146 times
Quote:

This is very true. I enjoy reading your posts!

Old 07-25-2007, 06:34 PM

928 posts, read 3,854,684 times
Skip Gastonia. Please, I made the mistake. I commute to WT Harris and have been for 8 years, I85 entrance 20 to I85 exit 45B every day M-F during rush hour am, then home I85S 45B to I85S exit 20, some days take 90 minutes depending on the accidents and rain.

You will regret it. I am hanging up my badge and keys. The commute got worse once the new I485 interchange opened up with in the past 2 years. I keep telling my husband we gotta move so I Can atleast shave off 15 minutes off my commute, atleast that.

I'd give anything to live in highland creek. Once you set roots it's hard. I have child in school in gastonia and it's hard to up root at this point. We are uprooting in a few weeks. So, please really consider, if you can afford to be near UNCC, do it. Your sanity will thank you.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:35 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,219,678 times
Quote:
hahahaha - now don't feel slighted - he said he was looking for places with easy access to upstate SC from Greenville up I85, otherwise I would have definitely pointed him in your lovely direction You KNOW I love Tega Cay!
yeah I know...like I said I was just kidding...can't really find anything in the OP's price range anyway here.

For what its worth though...went to Greenville, SC this weekend (taking back roads to the 85) from TC..and got there in just under 2 hours (and had a very scenic drive to top it off).

Now back to your regular lovesMountains programming..........

Old 07-25-2007, 07:22 PM

29 posts, read 166,015 times
Quote:

lol I saw that too but I didn't want to be abrasive. I appreciate any help I can get.
It does help when people actually respond to what you say.

As for the service, you have a guaranteed money maker there. I would have gladly paid you a fee for a 30 minute-1hr tour of areas you think I'd be interested in plus a printout of prospective subs, builders to be scared of and maps of demographics, crime and neighborhoods. I think that's easily worth $100 or more, especially for someone who has no time for that amount of research. If I had been working full time now there would be no way I could gather information fast enough plus view homes and drive around etc and get moved on time.

XNY- wow I feel for you. I found a 90 minute shortcut from our place in Atlanta to my wife's job in Atlanta and it was like a dream. She showed me her 2hour shortcut and I was in shock. I think Steele Creek or if I can ever find out where Highland Park is will be were I decide on.
On the flip side, with no traffic Im 20 minutes from Cherokee County and 10 minutes from 485 in Gastonia. Im too scared of the builders now to pick Gastonia.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:11 PM

23 posts, read 68,169 times
My 2 cents: You are likely to be going to family in upstate on weekends... and traffic is NOT an I-85 weekend issue except for Panthers game days. Buy a HOME or townhome in a neighborhood. In less than 2 years you will want a neighborhood park for your children on a near daily basis. Mallard Creek area; Eastfield Road area; Highland Creek... All have commutable access to UNCC and I-85; I-77; new I-485 connector.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte