Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 06:39 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,798,849 times

Advertisements

Terri
Our kids also didnt want to think about moving again ; we moved within long island two years ago.
Two days after we got back from NC, my youngest begged taht we go there to live. They just loved it. My oldest is fine as long as he has espn ; and he was the one who didnt want to move at all. They are 6&7
We go back in two weeks
dorothy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2006, 07:20 PM

13 posts, read 58,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
Well rumor has it that some divers have seen bass as large as grown men!!
I let my husband know what you said and he is ready to pack his bags right now! We are planning on coming out soon to take a look.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:23 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
let me know if I can be of any help. I am serious about the fish!

Old 10-04-2006, 07:27 PM

13 posts, read 58,178 times
Thanks for the incouragment. Big change in culture not only the southern thing but the East Coast thing. Like Terri said, we want to move for a better quality of life and Washington State as beautiful as it is just ain't cuttin it.Look forward to hearing your stories as you transition!!

Happy Day, Lorrie.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:31 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAndTerri View Post
We have a son that will be 11 this week and our daughter will be 13 next month. Have your kids been there? Mine were not all that excited about it until they went to visit then they didn't want to return with the exception of them missing our dogs. They really like it. They are excited since we told them that we'd most likely buy a little family boat for the lake. Since we don't have that many bodies of water in the desert, they thought that was extra cool. With you being in Washington State, it may look somewhat similar, but with us, it's a world of difference.

We would like nothing more than a lakefront place, but it's a little too rich for our blood, however, we plan to be close (i.e. accross the street or a lake access neighborhood) The area is beautiful and has some of the best schools around. I was very impressed with that and it's a major factor for our decision. From what I have found, kids at first resist change, but they really do better then adults and they are very resilient, however, each family and person is different.

Take care and write if you'd like to know more.
Terri

Lake Norman is like the ocean for us, right Terri. If you end up across the street from the lake or lake access you better turn me on to that neighborhood. I don't want to go over 300,000 though.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:45 AM

Some of the older neighborhoods that have lake access you can get in for around $300k.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:42 PM

91 posts, read 253,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Lake Norman is like the ocean for us, right Terri. If you end up across the street from the lake or lake access you better turn me on to that neighborhood. I don't want to go over 300,000 though.
Just like CharlotteAgent indicated, you CAN get in under 300K in a lake access neighborhood, but you can't get a new build from what we are finding. At this point, we don't care, we'll take an older home even if it needs a little updating. It's a difficult trade as the new ones are SO nice, but the location just can't be beat if you plan to spend time on the lake. :-) I'm sure CharlotteAgent can tell you the secret or PM me...just don't buy the one I have my eye on...OK?

Old 10-05-2006, 07:48 PM

Yep, lots at about .4 acres in Cornelius on the lake are listed for around
$650K and thats just the lot.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:15 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
Yep, lots at about .4 acres in Cornelius on the lake are listed for around
$650K and thats just the lot.
Too rich for my blood........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte