Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 AM

22 posts, read 27,139 times

Advertisements

This is was my thinking exactly. I asked for the latest copy of the lease I had signed; they sent one that was 4 years old. What got me riled up was the knee jerk answer from the "account manager" in saying "get rid of the rabbits or risk eviction" when upon further investigation I discovered that other tenants had been offered a $250 non refundable pet deposit fee. Why not offer the same to me? The answer is that she did not know what she was saying, just as I suspected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 11:32 AM

Tsk tsk jeffrm! The carpet has been replaced twice; not because of anything I have done but because the tub overflowed into the living room. Both times this happened was on a weekend. The manager of the property does not live on the property so the carpet was wet and soaked the entire weekend until they could come out and remove it. Another time the toilet overflowed on a Friday. I did not have a toilet to use until the plumber came out late Friday afternoon (better late than never). They had to replace the toilet - Again, it was not because of toilet paper, tampons or anything down the sewer lines which were snaked out and nothing was found. It was a faulty toilet that had something wrong with the line on the bottom going to the sewer line. I also had to put up with a maintenance man that came into my house without 24 hour notice while I was on vacation (because he had a copy of my key) and took items from my home: underwear and such. When he was confronted, he skipped town. The reason I stay here is that the schools are great for my daughter, and other than a few problems, it is a nice place to live.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:33 AM

Sorry this was meant for jeffrm, not pink caddy. My apologies!!!!!

Old 09-06-2011, 06:37 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,700,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl1739 View Post
No problem. However, I'm a landlord, perhaps there was some confusion here, I quite honestly, would not allow rabbits in my apartments either.

Sorry to say that and PLEASE don't tell my granddaughter (she's only 5 years old) and it would break her heart if POPPI would put your rabbits out on the street. You, well, I'm not quite sure she would understand the dynamics of the eviction.

Good luck and remember......shoose,

Old 09-06-2011, 06:59 PM

I will not tell her, POPPI; I bet you would not dare put HER out on the street. Your own children, yes. But your grandchild, no! I have seen my parents do things they have never done in their entire lives. Makes me a little jealous

Old 09-13-2011, 05:47 AM

150 posts, read 324,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl1739 View Post
jkl1739, my response wasn't directed toward you, it was directed toward pink caddy's comment that landlords always make money off tenants by charging fees and deposits. I acknowledge that there are a few tenants who care about their place, and you may be one of them, but the majority of them don't, and the only way for a landlord to somewhat protect their property is to charge the fees up front. From my experience, it doesn't matter how much effort you put into background checks and rental history, when it comes time for tenants to move out, they usually destroy the place far exceeding the amount security deposit, and it's usually useless to try to sue them, because they usually don't have anything to sue for. Anyways, I'm glad you got it worked out... and good luck.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:41 PM

Ok, got it. I am a good renter. My dad taught me right! My mom taught me to leave places cleaner than when I arrived; but you are correct about most people and thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte