Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 09:05 PM

5 posts, read 5,606 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm with a local small "pit bull" rescue called The Princess Buttercup Foundation (http://www.princessbuttercupfoundation.org). We are located in North Carolina and New Jersey. Typically we pull dogs throughout the east coast and foster them in North Carolina or New Jersey. We are a pretty small rescue, usually we don't take on more than 5 dogs in total at a time.

Fostering a dog is a selfless act that can save a dog's life! We will cover all vet care, some food, and provide crates or anything else needed if we can. We don't require any special experience to foster (or adopt). All we need is for the foster family to agree to a home check (just to make sure our rescue dog is in a safe environment and point out any issues that the family may have missed) and sign a contract saying that they will treat our rescue dog as one of their own, use positive training techniques, and agree that they are responsible pet owners (through vet check for up to date vaccines and altering of any eligible family pet) the dog until he or she is adopted. We promote our dogs using several tools; Petfinder.com, Adoptapet.com, Facebook, our website, and any other way we can. We also take our rescue dogs to any local pet friendly events or places to show them off. If you're afraid you will fall in love with your foster and won't be able to let him or her go, no worries, fosters are allowed to adopt! Half the adoption process will already be completed because it is similar to fostering. The only other additional things we would need are the adoption fee and adoption contract signed!

Right now we need a local foster in Charlotte for an owner surrender. His name is MacGyver and he is a year and two months old. He is UTD on all shots, (needs to be neutered*, but that's covered by rescue if we can find foster), potty trained, crate trained, great with all dogs and children he's met thus far. (His owner used to take him to a child day care so that the kids could play with him!) He knows most of his basic commands. His owner really cares about him, but she moved to an apartment that doesn't allow dogs. He has been staying with a friend but the friend's apartment is kicking the poor boy out! We would love to take this cutey in to our rescue, but we can not commit without a long term (until adoption) foster.

If you are interested in fostering McGuyver, reply here or contact us through our website/Facebook, however you'd like. (Can't post email directly because of spam!) Please feel free to share this with anyone you know who might be interested.

*The only reason the owner didn't have him neutered as a pup is that he had a medical condition, which he's now grown out of.

(I tried to attach a photo, hope it worked!)
Attached Thumbnails
Local dog rescue looking for foster in Charlotte-284158_2180358265126_1132011958_2587584_347209_n.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 09:14 PM

769 posts, read 2,220,816 times
I know there are a couple of Pit rescues in the Charlotte area - I don't know their names, but they might have some additional networking options to help you find fosters. I do know that Animal Care and Control works with some of them, so you might be able to call AC&C and get some phone numbers. Unfortunately, that is one of the popular breeds around here, and there always seems to be more of them than places they can go.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:09 PM

5 posts, read 5,606 times
All of the other rescues I work with are completely full and have no fosters either. I'm pulling out all the stops I can think of and still can't find anything. If someone was even close enough to me, I'd go over there and walk him myself! Haha

Unfortunately, I do know about how popular they are to have and to dump. I help run a Facebook page that posts the pets from Gaston County AC, there are so many pitties there. =/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte