Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,957 times

Advertisements

There are numerous builders in the Charlotte are - Centex homes in the Ballentyne area is one I am dealing with, also McCar. Everybody has different rules.
If you would like me to do some research for you - I am a REALTOR in the Charlotte area and can negotiate with McCar on your behalf, that would probably give you a better leg to stand on.

You can e-mail me on silkeeyles@mindspring.com if you need any further information.

Silke

Old 01-09-2007, 01:07 PM

6 posts, read 36,382 times
CharlotteAgent: I am Rob McCrae, Vice President for McCar Homes. I am the representative you mention. I am available to any McCar Homeowner, past present, or future who needs assistance. I have had the opportunity to put many of our customers in contact with McCar people who can best help them. All of us at McCar want our customers to have a home buying experience second to none. Anyone who has a concern about a McCar Home can contact me directly at rmccrae@mccarhomes.com. I will personally get you some help

Old 01-09-2007, 02:16 PM

6 posts, read 27,796 times
Hi everyone I am a mccar homeowner in moss creek and have been for about 8 months now. I have experienced problems also and it has become of concern to me. my front lawn is sanking for a second time. the first time they fixed it and said it came from the irrigation system. now it has happen in a diiferent area and I called mccar yesterday who said to me that it was a nonemerency, but are outside as i sit her typing. my concern is with the gating of my property and th foundation my 11month walk through is approaching and I will not be responsible for any damage that occurs to my lawn or lot. the question is why is it ocurring more than once and this question is directed to Mr. rob mcrae? I did not build my house. this house was built in 2006 and just available at the time that I was looking. Iv'e also had other problems which were fixed but after calling all day every day. I still have some existing problems and they were fixed twice already. rob are you the guy that took over for goldstein? If so how is that people are on your lawn doing things without even knocking at the door or even telling me what they think the problem may be. they may fix the problem but I will not sign any papers until I know that it won't happen agai and again and until I know the extent or what's causing my lawn t sank.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:36 PM

22 posts, read 104,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmccrae View Post
CharlotteAgent: I am Rob McCrae, Vice President for McCar Homes. I am the representative you mention. I am available to any McCar Homeowner, past present, or future who needs assistance. I have had the opportunity to put many of our customers in contact with McCar people who can best help them. All of us at McCar want our customers to have a home buying experience second to none. Anyone who has a concern about a McCar Home can contact me directly at rmccrae@mccarhomes.com. I will personally get you some help
Mr. McCrae, I emailed you yesterday telling you of my latest predicament. I never heard back from you or your customer relations manager I called. For the 5th time workers came out to rectify the issue with my hardiplank. I was surprised because they were not suppose to be at my house until today. When I got home on Monday night my 2 upstairs bedrooms had no electricity. I called Joe Stiplano and left him a message. This morning at 9:30 am Terry knocked on my door to say he would try to get electricians out here to see what the problem was. I took off today because I scheduled work to be done on my home. I was told two weeks ago they would be here in the am. Well no one showed up until 11:30 am. About the electricity, they said from all the hammering it must have made the wires rub together and shorted out the fuse. I am happy to say I now have electricity again, but was told it could happen again if there was more banging. To me this sounds strange since I would think that the wires are encased in something to protect shorts.

The plumbers arrived and cut two holes in my family room and one in my laundry room.. Hooray, they found the leak in the laundry room, the shower in the upstairs bathroom was leakly slowly for who knows how long. When the plumber went in the basement to shut off the water he found another leak. He replaced the defective parts and hopefully this is the end of my leaking problems.

I could go on, but I rather not at this time. I know for one thing I am extremely upset with the quality of my home. I am just waiting for someone to ask me (like they asked other neighbors) what is it going to take to make me happy?

Old 01-09-2007, 05:26 PM

Unhappy Mccar Homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr3000 View Post
I've read a lot of negative info on McCar homes in this forum. Do any of you guy's live in the Briarcrest community? If so, how is your experience. I'm noticing some flaws but now I'm getting downright nervous.
I do not live in NC, but Canton, GA. I purchased a spec home from McCar almost two years. I am still in the process of resolving my 1 yr. walk-thru issues. Our model, the Greenwood has a flaw in the 2nd floor framing. One of our bedrooms floor joist was about 3" higher than the rest. This resulted in a buckle in the floor and the furniture falling into the wall. After many requests they finally fixed. They had their warranty guy come out and shave it. When the carpet people came out to put the carpet back they noticed I was missing a 2x4, clamps, etc. The most scariest part of this house is the unknown. All the sudden my ceilings have water stains which I was told today resulted from leaking of my bathroom pipes. I could go on, but I think you should just keep your eyes open.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:48 PM

8 posts, read 24,881 times
Default BriarCrest Community in Waxhaw

Does anyone in this forum live in the Briarcrest community located in Waxhaw NC. If so, are you experiencing any of these issues. I wish I would have read this info before I purchased my home for 400K. I asked for a side entry garage and was told they don't that in this community. Well guess what, they posted a sign saying side entry garage. I also wanted 3 sided brick, again....we don't that here. That's right, another sign offering 3 sided bricks. Somehow I'm starting to fell as though I'm about to get hosed!!!!

Old 01-09-2007, 07:15 PM

140 posts, read 590,147 times
This is for Rob McCrae, Vice President for McCar Homes. I think it is great that you are on here and offering help to those Mccar homeowners who have exoerienced ongoing problems. I do have a question, what is being done at the locallevels in the developments to prevent these problems from happening?It is clear there are consistent ongoing problems with your building process. If you are really concerned about making the clients happy, what can you tell us is being done by you to upgrade the quality of the workmanship for both material and labor? I think you would have to agree that with all these complaints one would be reluctant to purchase a McCar home.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Mr. Mccrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by robretpd View Post
This is for Rob McCrae, Vice President for McCar Homes. I think it is great that you are on here and offering help to those Mccar homeowners who have exoerienced ongoing problems. I do have a question, what is being done at the locallevels in the developments to prevent these problems from happening?It is clear there are consistent ongoing problems with your building process. If you are really concerned about making the clients happy, what can you tell us is being done by you to upgrade the quality of the workmanship for both material and labor? I think you would have to agree that with all these complaints one would be reluctant to purchase a McCar home.
Thank you for asking this question, whenever I ask I get the silent treatment. I want to know when McCar is going to really act on their words. It seems like they are only interested in keeping people quiet. Before we started posting our plight we were ignored. I just wish everyone in our subdivision would speak up. I don't know what their afraid of, maybe they won't get their upgrades...

Old 01-09-2007, 08:40 PM

140 posts, read 590,147 times
In general, it comes down to is a companies philosophy of how to do business. Either you have a commitment to running a company with integrity and are willing to build a good product with material and good workmanship or you are not. It comes down to dollars. The builders that do not care simply build poorly constructed homes and if they get away with making repairs on only 50 percent, then they feel their business strategy is working and they are happy. Thats why I asked the question to Mr. Mcrea. What are they dong to change the business philosophy that is apparently present from the complaints on here. I hope all goes well.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:38 AM

10 posts, read 38,902 times
I purchased a McCar home in December of 04 in the Berewick community. So far I have no complaints about my home or the builder. Overall, I think they did a quality job of building the house. They are the only builder that I know of in Berewick that offers fully sodded lots (should be mandatory having seen some of my neighbor's back yards) and I have no complaints with the quality of the materials used.

With that being said, Id recommend potential buyers to take these negative opinions lightly. Every builder has problems and the people who feel they have been shorted are more likely to post on here than the happy customers, such as myself. Are you more likely to get a poorly built house using McCar over another builder? Probably not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte