Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:41 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
Walmart in Denver (NC) has one of the counting machines. The charge is 9.5 percent of the total. It is worth it to me.
If I had to cough up nearly 10% to have my change counted, I'd make it a point to have as little change as possible.

My change is my stupid fun money. It adds up to a couple hundred $$$ a year, maybe more if I choose to feed it, and I use it to buy things I'd never normally buy. Maybe a kitchen appliance that I'd like to have but can't justify. Stupidly priced gourmet food. A piece of clothing that I like, but again, can't justify. A toy for the car. That's why I get the Amaozn cards, so I have lots of options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I seriously doubt any coin counter is free... unless you know the exact amount of the coins how would one know if they were getting the service for free?

IMO it's still worth it to get coins counted for a 5 or 10% fee. Most banks will take wrapped coins but some make you write your account number on each roll. Tedious but if you are cheap it's worth it.
If you're suggesting that "free" coin counters are intentionally inaccurate, that's a serious allegation. But then why would you assume a paid counter is accurate? Maybe they're taking a bit off the top, and charging the fee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 08:22 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottend View Post
Does anyone know which banks in Charlotte offer free coin counting? I just received a bunch of loose change, but I really don't want to pay a fee to turn it in. I guess I could wrap it all, but I'd rather just have someone else do it for free.
Fixed it for ya!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:05 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,654,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I seriously doubt any coin counter is free... unless you know the exact amount of the coins how would one know if they were getting the service for free?
I know because I've known the exact amount I had on a couple of occasions, and the amount the machine came up with was the same. Besides, I trust my credit union - State Employees.

I have taken coins in for friends who weren't members - without charging my own fee! If you know a member of State Employees, you could always ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: