Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 07:11 PM

123 posts, read 283,076 times

Advertisements

Ended up at The Cowfish and must say that the place is unreal. I know it is a lot of marketing and showy but I have to say it is one of the most original restaurants I have ever been to. The sushi was outstanding and so was my burger! My wife even had a burgushi...filet mignon with sushi! It is pricy but so worth it we thought!! We even saw Ric Flair! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 08:08 PM

128 posts, read 394,956 times
Default Love Cowfish

My husband and I moved down from NJ several months ago and love the variety at Cowfish--great sushi, rolls and the sushi with a burger is fantastic. Nothing like sushi with a cold beer. As the other poster mentioned, not inexpensive, but worth it. If you happen to be in the bathroom, listen to the southern saying's repeated back in a foreign language --it is very funny!

We live just over the border in Indian Land, so we are going to try some of the sushi resturants listed by everyone.

Btw-if anyone is looking for a good date night restaurant in Ballantyne or Southpark that has food with a continental fare, try the terrace cafe. Very good food in a nice intimate setting. They also have breakfast and their velvet waffles are amazing!

Old 11-24-2011, 11:17 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
I like Sushiya in the Arboretum. If I don't go there, I usually go to New Zealand Cafe at Monroe Rd and Sardis. Both have excellent sushi.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:50 PM

870 posts, read 3,529,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
Koishi in Cotswold (Randolph & Sharon Amity Roads) has excellent sushi & great service. The dumplings there are good, too!
Koishi Sushi Bar and Fine Chinese Restaurant - Charlotte, North Carolina
Second Koishi. Found this place about a month ago on a recommendation from a very good friend. It is in Cotswold in an old Pizza Hut building and have been there 4 times now.

Have stayed away from Ru Sans since their sanitation scores were in the 70s for a long time. They may have cleaned up but would never go back!

Old 11-28-2011, 07:54 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Count me in on the Cowfish...love the place. My wife and I used to go there when it was the Counter (which was basically just a burger joint--good burgers, imo). I wasnt sure if the whole sushi-burger thing would work when we heard the owner was changing the place, but I have to say it is great!

Old 12-06-2011, 08:32 PM

58 posts, read 145,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPDOG813 View Post
ENSO in the epicentre. Great atmosphere, you can park a little ways away and have a nice walk to and from the resteraunt. You can make it a great date night
Enso is truly great sushi. I've often found the level of service doesn't hold a candle to the food though... Oh, and bring your bigger credit card, it is easy to run up a crazy tab there in specialty rolls and alcohol.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:47 AM

7 posts, read 9,668 times
How about Eez sushi fusion in Birkdale ( a bit of a drive) or Cowfish in Southpark. Been to both and we loved them.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:46 PM

468 posts, read 827,142 times
Just stopped by a new place in Matthews called Fujimi.

It is owned by the people that owned Ajimi in Monroe.

They have 3 separate areas: sushi bar, hibachi grill and regular dining area.

Couldn't tell you much about the sushi since I am more a fan of hibachi and tempura type foods.

The people there were very friendly and helpful. We had hibachi and tempura cuisines tonight and they were very good.

They are located in the Matthews Festival shopping center near the Big Lots, open 7 days a week from 11 AM. Closing times vary as to the day.
See Mr. Wayne if you have any questions. He is the manager.

If someone can check out the sushi then maybe they can advise.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:55 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post
Just stopped by a new place in Matthews called Fujimi.

It is owned by the people that owned Ajimi in Monroe.

They have 3 separate areas: sushi bar, hibachi grill and regular dining area.

Couldn't tell you much about the sushi since I am more a fan of hibachi and tempura type foods.

The people there were very friendly and helpful. We had hibachi and tempura cuisines tonight and they were very good.

They are located in the Matthews Festival shopping center near the Big Lots, open 7 days a week from 11 AM. Closing times vary as to the day.
See Mr. Wayne if you have any questions. He is the manager.

If someone can check out the sushi then maybe they can advise.
I don't understand why a restaurant does not have a website. I searched for Fujimi and can only find business references to it, and one review.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:26 PM

468 posts, read 827,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I don't understand why a restaurant does not have a website. I searched for Fujimi and can only find business references to it, and one review.
They just opened a few days ago. They have been busy with setting up.

I would think they would have one eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte