Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 04:23 PM

3 posts, read 2,858 times

Advertisements

Hello all!! My husband and I have decided that we'd like to relocate to Union County from Long Island. Some good friends of ours moved to Indian Trail (Taylor Glenn) about 5 years ago and absolutely LOVE IT! We went down to visit about a year and a half ago and fell in love.

People are so friendly and we really like the idea of living in a community where you know your neighbors and there are plenty of kids to play with (we have a 6 year old daughter). We also fell in love with the slower pace. Up here, we spend most of our time working (so we can pay the excruciatingly high taxes, utilities, mortgage, etc.) that we pretty much don't have time for much else. We're excited about a change and wanted to get some opinions on area's, schools. We would like to remain pretty close to our friends in Taylor Glenn, but I know there are other communities like Brandon Oaks, that are close by, but I don't know of any others. We'd like to be down there sometime in July or August.

Any suggestions / help / advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks to all who respond
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 04:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
I would be happy to send you a direct message

Old 01-19-2012, 05:58 PM

9 posts, read 19,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I would be happy to send you a direct message
Hi lovesmountains:

I am relatively new to these boards and notice you occasionally respond to a poster's question by saying you'd be glad to send a direct message. Is that because you're in real estate and the boards don't allow you to give real estate advice? Just curious. And how do you go about receiving a direct message if I were to pose a similar question?

I used to live in the Matthews area and loved it but know it's changed considerably since I left. I have started reading more on this forum to get a feel for what the Charlotte area is like since I left and I've also heard from some old friends that Mint Hill is still nice. However, Union County hadn't even begun to build up until after I left and I'm wondering if I'd prefer that area now.

I'll be retired so don't have to worry about a daily commute during rush hour, which by the way, was horrendous even when I lived there back in the 80's.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:11 AM

152 posts, read 292,408 times
Leaving LI this summer for South Charlotte. Can't wait!
Good luck with your move!

Old 01-20-2012, 09:36 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingNCarolina View Post
Hi lovesmountains:

I am relatively new to these boards and notice you occasionally respond to a poster's question by saying you'd be glad to send a direct message. Is that because you're in real estate and the boards don't allow you to give real estate advice? Just curious. And how do you go about receiving a direct message if I were to pose a similar question?

I used to live in the Matthews area and loved it but know it's changed considerably since I left. I have started reading more on this forum to get a feel for what the Charlotte area is like since I left and I've also heard from some old friends that Mint Hill is still nice. However, Union County hadn't even begun to build up until after I left and I'm wondering if I'd prefer that area now.

I'll be retired so don't have to worry about a daily commute during rush hour, which by the way, was horrendous even when I lived there back in the 80's.
I would be happy to send you a direct message too

Old 01-20-2012, 12:23 PM

286 posts, read 689,441 times
LovesMountains,

I would like to know the answer to this question as well. Could you dm me too!

Old 01-20-2012, 12:38 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,034,809 times
lol - a loves DM is like a wonderful chocolate dessert... everyone should get one at some time!

Here's hoping CouponJack sees this as someone who is intimately familiar with that area of Union county. Great guy to comment.

Best of luck to the OP!

P.S. where on LI out of curiosity?

Old 01-20-2012, 07:04 PM

3 posts, read 2,858 times
MikeyKid...suffolk county...Rocky Point. I hope to hear from Coupon Jack

Shirlgirl...good luck to you too!!

Old 01-20-2012, 07:38 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,395,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlgirl71 View Post
Leaving LI this summer for South Charlotte. Can't wait!
Good luck with your move!
Nooo! We already hit our quota for NY transplants. Kidding

Old 01-20-2012, 08:57 PM

152 posts, read 292,408 times
Sorry Zn...I'm from Suffolk county too and moving to south Charlotte. can't wait!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte