Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 07:31 AM

4 posts, read 8,207 times

Advertisements

I feel your pain. I miss Publix too! I am from Ft. Myers originally...I keep hoping they will continue moving up north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 09:01 AM

382 posts, read 1,887,536 times
if you live down in the Ballantyne area, try the Lowe's foods. i really like it. also, Trader Joe's isn't too far.

i moved here from Atlanta and i loved Publix! i still call HT Publix sometimes.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:36 PM

146 posts, read 451,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Pa Family, where do you live again? There isn't anything really comparable to a Wegman's here. I would say Harris Teeter is the closest you will find to that. Earth Fare is very similar to Whole Foods, except their stores on average are about 1ok sq foot smaller. There's one close to South Park Mall, one in Ballantyne at 485 and Johnston Rd, and one opening in Rock Hill next year. There are some smaller natural foods stores such as Home Economist Market (the sore on South Blvd is actually a decent size and there is one on Independence and one in Davidson), and there is Talley's Green Grocery on East Blvd. There are also some Fresh Markets in the area, one on Hwy 51 around Pineville/S. Charlotte. The newer Earth fare at south park has a big selection of natural and organice meats and both stores have a decent slection of local, natural, and organic produce.
Thanks so much for the info! i am in the Ballentyne area often and will try out the Earth Fare there. I live in Tega Cay.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:41 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
There is a very small natural foods market near DeMarco's Pizza in Tega Cay. They don't carry meat or produce, but some organic and gluten free items.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:00 AM

146 posts, read 451,487 times
Thanks, I've seen the little store but haven't made it in yet.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:56 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
I live in Florida and look forward to using Harris teeter. They seem to cater to a wider spectrum of customers. Publix has its "A" and "B" stores as well. The "A" stores are pretty good, but they often change from "A" to "B" once they have established customers. Also, Trader Joe's is excellent as well as Whole Foods which will be in Charlotte soon. Forget Publix. They are good but not as good as others that are available.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:23 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
I was in Florida for a brief time in the early 90s and don't remember Publix being anything great. Harris Teeter's stores are definitely consistent.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:48 AM

693 posts, read 2,175,639 times
I have lived in lots of places, but still think Publix was the best grocery chain. I liked their own brand on many products and felt their variety and store layouts were excellent. I checked out the HT & Lowes when I was in town... they are good but not the same. I will probably use HT more often than not, because its closest. But as others have said before, the prices are higher than they were in So FL & NJ (I did a store to store comparison Thanksgiving week while traveling and home hunting)

Old 06-24-2008, 09:22 PM

747 posts, read 2,104,619 times
Default Took a drive to Publix today!

We all took a drive to Publix in Spartanburg today. We stocked up on Mojo (Gallon for $4.99), Goya products, Pats BBQ sauce (havent seen that here), and other items that we couldnt find here. We didnt bring a cooler, so we didnt even look at anything perishable, and overall I am pleased with the meat selection at HT and Lowes anyway. It was a great feeling to be back in the old fave again though. I heard a rumor that they were looking at land in the Lake Norman area to open their 1st NC Store! To make the trip really worthwhile we also stopped at the Outlet mall in Garner 1st, we are still looking for a Pub table for our empty dining room. Someone told me that Pottery Barn Furniture outlet had them, but they didnt.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:00 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
I miss the cuban bread from Publix!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte