Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:23 AM

46 posts, read 162,017 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I've got an offer to work in Charlotte and my work address is
10735 David Taylor Drive, Charlotte NC 28262

What's good place around there to live?
As I understand that *good* places is west, north west and south, is that correct?

I would love to fit in $800-$900 range for apartment.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 10:29 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,973,504 times
Given the criteria that you listed, I'd say that any apartment on Mallard Creek RD, Mallard Creek Church Rd, or nearby would suit your needs. Make sure you stay on the west side of I-85 and north of Harris Blvd.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:06 AM

162 posts, read 228,665 times
The Mallard Creek area is the area that I am in and we love it. What size apartment are you looking for? Another recent person here found a great deal at Worthington (which isn't exactly Mallard Creek) but those apartments are nice. Here is a link
Worthington Luxury Apartments | University Area | Charlotte, NC

Bexley Greenway is very nice, but to my knowledge there are no 1 bedrooms available and I know for sure there are no 2 bedrooms available until Sept! Here is the link:

</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"><META NAME="copyright" CONTENT="Copyright © 2012, Weinstein Management Co., Inc."> <META NAME="description" CONTENT="Weinstein Properties provides quality apartments for rent

Old 07-30-2012, 11:13 AM

Ok, thanks all!
We are looking something like about 800-900 sq ft. After those studio like apartments here in Honolulu we want something bigger

I will check those out. Also, what do you think about these:

Colonial Grand at Mallard Creek
Colonial Grand at Legacy Park

They are located very close ...

Thanks!

Old 07-30-2012, 12:03 PM

Yes, those are close. Both are nice, but I like Colonial Grand at Mallard Creek better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetaldj View Post
Ok, thanks all!
We are looking something like about 800-900 sq ft. After those studio like apartments here in Honolulu we want something bigger

I will check those out. Also, what do you think about these:

Colonial Grand at Mallard Creek
Colonial Grand at Legacy Park

They are located very close ...

Thanks!

Old 07-30-2012, 03:55 PM

Ok, so those two I've listed have one that match my date very well so I think I will go with Legacy Park. I like other ones better but they don't have anything else... We have little girl and living in hotel for 2-3 weeks while waiting better places is not an option.

I have another question - we need daycare for almost 3 year old and all sites I found doesn't have any cost on it (really, I don't get this why is so secret? Same was in Omaha, NE - no tuition info avalable anywhere on site). What's the average cost for full time daycare?

Thanks!

UPDATE. Just off the phone and I was told that since we have 3 person (2 adults + 1 child) we need to rent minimum 2 bd, is that something common over there or it's just this comunity kind of rule?? We don't need to have 2 bedroom at all...

Last edited by vetaldj; 07-30-2012 at 04:12 PM..

Old 07-30-2012, 04:11 PM

This is one of my favorite areas as well. Daycare really ranges in this area. I would expect to spend about $200 a week. Some daycares have employee discounts depending on where you work.

I know of an awesome home daycare that my younger sibling goes to. The woman who runs it is AWESOME. She only keeps 2 to 4 children at a time and they learn lots. She is very hands on. She charges $120 a week.

If you are leaning towards more of a day care I would suggest bright horizons. I am unsure of their cost.

Another childcare option is having a nanny (which is much more affordable and flexible than you may think). This is for sure an awesome option if you have another little one coming in the future : )

Quote:
Ok, so those two I've listed have one that match my date very well so I think I will go with Legacy Park. I like other ones better but they don't have anything else... We have little girl and living in hotel for 2-3 weeks while waiting better places is not an option.

I have another question - we need daycare for almost 3 year old and all sites I found doesn't have any cost on it (really, I don't get this why is so secret? Same was in Omaha, NE - no tuition info avalable anywhere on site). What's the average cost for full time daycare?

Thanks!

Old 07-30-2012, 06:37 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
Quote:

Thanks!

UPDATE. Just off the phone and I was told that since we have 3 person (2 adults + 1 child) we need to rent minimum 2 bd, is that something common over there or it's just this comunity kind of rule?? We don't need to have 2 bedroom at all...

Many places require this. It is the guidance (but, not the requirement) of the Mecklenburg Co. Department of Social Services. The complexes have the option to require it, however.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:57 PM

I did not know this. Did you tell them that you have a young child. That is crazy! Keep us posted on what happens. I will have my bf speak with a couple of property managers in the area to see if there is a way around that.

Also, around what date are you looking to move??

Quote:

Thanks!

Old 07-30-2012, 07:05 PM

531 posts, read 1,079,445 times
Check Traditions Apts. They are bigger than others - I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte