Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 11:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times

Advertisements

--When starting a new thread, please do not post only a link or a video. Other members may not know what your intent was if that is all there is. Also, subsequent posts may be off topic if they have no idea what topic you wanted to set forth with your link/video. Add a line or two to let the readers know your thoughts.
OPs in a thread that have no supporting thoughts will be deleted, but may be reposted with commentary or paraphrase from the article.

--Personal attacks and trolling are getting out of hand, folks. Please report instead of answering. Infractions WILL be given to BOTH the attacker and the posters that answers with an attack of their own.

--If you do not like the topic, skip the thread. It will die if no one keeps bumping it to the top of the forum with posts about how dumb the topic is.

Please read and review the Terms of Service agreement and the forum posting rules, which you can find on the top of this very page. Most notably, the portions on the use of copyrighted material, personal attacks, and using accurate and descriptive thread titles. Please use the reporting feature when you find threads and posts of a trolling or inflammatory manner and do not respond or engage, just report and move on.

Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.

More suggestions might be added later

Old 09-23-2012, 10:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
--Staying on Topic: A little off-topic here and there is fine, but let's not abandon the Original Post entirely.
If you want to continue a conversation that is different than the OP, start a thread on that subject.

--Also want to reemphasize refrain from personal attacks,
Be sure you are debating the idea and not attacking the person please .
Calling someone a troll or any name is a personal attack and bullying.
Do not post or make personal comments about another poster. That is against the Terms of Service.
If you feel a post is in violation of the Terms of Service, please report it and do not respond to it.

--This in regards to advertising. Advertising on the forum is prohibited as suggested in terms of service.
If you are an individual and not a business and would like to sell a personal item or home that consist of no real estate links you can do so in the Classifieds forum. //www.city-data.com/forum/classified-ads/
Be sure to read the rules in the sticky of that forum first.

--Recommendations are fine except unsolicited recommendations and you must have at least 10 posts.
If there is an event you want to recommend please provide a news article link to the event.

--Discussing moderator actions (deleting/moving/editing threads or posts) is not allowed in the public forums. Any particular issues will only be dealt with in Direct Messages sent to a local moderator.

--This is an open forum and people are basically permitted to post here whether or not they still live in or like Charlotte.
As long as the post is not totally off-topic, the poster does have the right to voice his/her opinion , even if you may not agree with it.

-- It is sad that this has to even be mentioned, but please refrain from making remarks that are hurtful , unkind or racially insensitive.

--Reporting Post, I love receiving them vs engaging in a flame war, they are totally confidential.
If you new click in the problematic post.
Please only report once per problem post, I receive reported posts on my mobile and depending on what I am doing I will investigate the issue as soon as I have a chance.

If you need to reach me about a concern that cant be reported send me direct message.

This is a great forum, in the five years I have been moderating this forum, I notice we have dedicated informative members that keep this forum a success and I want new members to be a part in making this an excellent forum.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-05-2013 at 06:46 PM..
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte