Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 12:48 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,066,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath View Post
HOA's are a poorly thought out solution to a non existent problem. Its more the fear of the problem.
Someone might work on their car, so we need the HOA to protect us.
City will write you up just as effectively if you have a car on blocks and those tickets also hold up In court and everywhere else better.

It can be worse, yes, in theory, but usually it never is. However you cant get entry level homeowners to live on 1-2 acres each and grasp the concept of "up keep" etc etc. Coming from an apartment, they need to have a HOA to "protect them"

Cool.
Srinath.

I think you are 100% correct here. It's a shame that neighbors aren't as connected as they used to be. I blame the automobile.

Fear is a crippling influence on our schools, communities and personal well being. The world is not as scary of a place as many make it out to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 06:30 PM

18 posts, read 13,082 times
I started out with my neighbors complaining about me. Not the immediate next door ones - but the ones further out.
A few years on, I've come to be a very very useful friend, and largely ignorable otherwise. So there is good relationships, or OK relationships, or well, I can call him if I had to have a tool and I'm sure he'll come over here with those tools and do whatever ... else I can ignore him relationships ... no one complains about me to these clowns.
Like George Clooney says to Andy Garcia in oceans 11 - I know who you would send after me, and they like me more than they like you.

Anyway - I am rather good at reasoning out the "why" in a situation. That is the essence of my work and all my hobbies.

Thanks.
Srinath.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:39 PM

436 posts, read 445,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Nothing mindless about my statement. I have lived in 6 states and in various municipalities within those states in my lifetime and never have I been a part of an HOA....nor did I ever encounter a situation where I thought "damn there needs to be an HOA here!"

This is why you have no clue about HOAs and the positive attributes. Not everyone needs the assistance of an HOA. And, some people just don't care about their environment. Point is. nobody is forced to live in an HOA community.

You are a creature of your own making. You make rules so that people don't break them so that you can go after people who broke your rules. Like I said, you are weak-minded. You're the type who NEEDS rules in order for your life to function properly. I don't and neither have the neighborhoods that i've lived in all across this great nation. A brainwashed bunch of drones in your own little club.

I don't go after anyone. I'm not even sure what you mean. We use a management company with lawyers to attend to most matters. We are happy when there are no infractions that require our involvement. Rules are only made with the majority acceptance of homeowners. The HOA board does not have the authority to enact rules and/or covenants without the blessing of the majority of homeowners. So, this makes me weak minded? Sorry, but you make no sense. You obviously are not one for complying with rules. I am pretty sure that you would have a ton of liens if you lived in an HOA community with educated, proud homeowners. Do yourself a favor, since you don't live in an HOA community, don't worry about them. That is stupid. Most people are smart enough to know about HOAs and accept the positive attributes they offer.

I've lived in eight states for over 2 years and three for more that one but less than two. Did I mention that I lived on three continents too? You brag about six states. I guess I outdid you.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:40 AM

3 posts, read 1,905 times
Yes they ARE TARGETING HER!
They target
Elderly people
Informed people
Single moms
And people that have 100% equity like me
Check out
HOA academy on YouTube

Old 05-13-2017, 04:51 PM

I need a lawyer in Charlotte cos I am headed to court on the HOA and fines issues.
Small claims court so essentially I'll be paying the lawyer for his time and advice. I have enrolled earlier with legalshield but I think there could be a better option.

Has anyone got a lawyer recommendation for me ?

Thanks.
Srinath.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:14 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Clark Walton has an office in Charlotte or Concord, not sure which. I hear he is good.

Old 05-14-2017, 07:35 AM

Default Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Clark Walton has an office in Charlotte or Concord, not sure which. I hear he is good.
Thanks sir. I will call him tomorrow.
Srinath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte