Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 PM

184 posts, read 246,826 times

Advertisements

by investors, making it harder for home buyers to buy?? This phenominon is happening in florida, probably other places, too. I HAVE to buy under, way under, that amt and I still want a single family home, not a trailer. I'd consider modular. I have been researching "fixer uppers" but I've heard people here where I live (tampa) saying that investors are bringing cash and scarfing up homes they were looking at, giving them no chance.

Any thoughts? And please , don't state the obvious. I know I'm looking for an inexpensive home, but I have seen some that would work. I'd have some rehab money. My family lives in Charlotte and I hope to buy no farther than 25 miles "out" from Huntersville area. I did find a great buy, but it was way further out. way. Ok, thank you again for reading. All the best, deb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 10:58 PM

23,816 posts, read 34,873,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debnova View Post
by investors, making it harder for home buyers to buy?? This phenominon is happening in florida, probably other places, too. I HAVE to buy under, way under, that amt and I still want a single family home, not a trailer. I'd consider modular. I have been researching "fixer uppers" but I've heard people here where I live (tampa) saying that investors are bringing cash and scarfing up homes they were looking at, giving them no chance.

Any thoughts? And please , don't state the obvious. I know I'm looking for an inexpensive home, but I have seen some that would work. I'd have some rehab money. My family lives in Charlotte and I hope to buy no farther than 25 miles "out" from Huntersville area. I did find a great buy, but it was way further out. way. Ok, thank you again for reading. All the best, deb.
You can get something in Kings Mountain, in town. It's going to be slightly further than you want, but not by much. There's a poster on here who commutes from Huntersville to Kings Mountain.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:01 AM

7,125 posts, read 11,751,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debnova View Post
by investors, making it harder for home buyers to buy?? This phenominon is happening in florida, probably other places, too. .
Actually, it's the other way around. Under the Home Path program USERS get to bid in the first 30 days and not until this time frame has expired can an INVESTOR bid. Generally, these are the lower priced homes that you are looking for.

I can tell you from an investor's viewpoint I have lost many homes that I would have bought if the (non-investor) or user had not bought it first.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,411,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Actually, it's the other way around. Under the Home Path program USERS get to bid in the first 30 days and not until this time frame has expired can an INVESTOR bid. Generally, these are the lower priced homes that you are looking for.

I can tell you from an investor's viewpoint I have lost many homes that I would have bought if the (non-investor) or user had not bought it first.
I'm not sure what % of the lower priced homes are actually in the HomePath program though. I think it's probably a little bit of both.

I've seen some decent houses in the $100K range including some right by where I live, but I think it's gonna be tough for OP to find something good that's "under, way under" $100K...

Old 03-04-2013, 09:07 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,185,335 times
Many government backed foreclosures have a 15 day waiting period as well, for owne-occupants to bid before inspectors. But the good ones are seeing multiple offers...you need to be ready to go for sure.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:01 PM

[quote=south.charlotte&union;28515059] But the good ones are seeing multiple offers...you need to be ready to go for sure

So very true. I closed on a house last Tues that in the bidding process I was told there were 20 bidders. So of course they then asked for highest and best and I looked at the house with my rose tinted glasses. I upped my priced by $30,000 bc I felt so strongly about the house and its' potential.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post

I've seen some decent houses in the $100K range including some right by where I live, but I think it's gonna be tough for OP to find something good that's "under, way under" $100K...

And if she does I hope she has a Home Depot charge card handy. lol

Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 PM

467 posts, read 1,502,086 times
YES, all low end inventory is virtually gone. Investors are lying and posing as owner occupants to get the houses before bidding opens up to everyone. A dozen large funds have descended on Charlotte in the last year and have bought 90% of the foreclosure auction inventory with no end in sight. It's a frenzy!!

Old 03-06-2013, 04:35 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,092,362 times
Come to Faires Farms. Good deals to be had!

Old 03-06-2013, 05:48 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,379,243 times
Can someone fill me in on the downside to an investor purchasing a home vs. a private occupant? Wouldn't it just make the surrounding properties go up in value once the home is rehabbed and looking decent? At the very least an investor has a plan and "vision" for their purchase whereas a normal home owner may be in such a bind that they buy and never fix it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte