Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 03:43 PM

191 posts, read 1,001,778 times

Advertisements

I wanna go!!! But I'm not moving until the Spring!! Great idea! I'm from LI and now in Pittsburgh soon to be in Concord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrcts04 View Post
OK NCMom,
If it's not too much to ask, you may have to organize a second get together in a few months since we won't be there till then! I don't know what the weather will be like then, we may have to do something indoors, but count us in! This kind of stuff would never happen in NY!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2006, 12:00 AM

23 posts, read 59,731 times
Ok I'm here now we can have a party!
Anywhere most anytime, I'm ready to meet new people and make some friends. Just closed on our house on Tuesday, and though I like it here I do miss our friends back in Chicago already. And we need someone to hang out with here. Makes it seem like "home" when you have friends.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:49 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,753,814 times
Hey DivaLisa! Welcome home!! And what a beautiful weekend to arrive, isn't it?

Where are you in town? I'll be shopping around for a house (for my parents) today in Indian Trail.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:03 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,543,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaLisa View Post
Ok I'm here now we can have a party!
Anywhere most anytime, I'm ready to meet new people and make some friends. Just closed on our house on Tuesday, and though I like it here I do miss our friends back in Chicago already. And we need someone to hang out with here. Makes it seem like "home" when you have friends.

DivaLisa, welcome and congratulations on your closing. Feels like a big sigh of relief, and then now the *real* adventure (a new town) begins! Anyway, the missing family and friends will be there for a while, but, it does get easier as you settle in. Someone posted it took them a good two years, which I would believe (getting through a couple of a holidays). Another friend of ours who moved down, its taken them about 8 months feel settled. We've been here just a little over 2 months, and it's feeling more settled each day. It's still a whirlwind as we have boxes to go through, stuff to buy, etc., etc., but looking out the window makes it all okay

I would making the party too, we've just been in full throttle mode since we've been here (I've got a ton of leaves staring at me screaming "rake!"). I'd be willing to do Markh's bowling party suggestion, sounds like fun and something for kids to do too...

Old 11-11-2006, 04:30 PM

23 posts, read 59,731 times
Thanks for the welcomes. It's been a rough week though. On closing day my husband had to fly out to San Jose on business. This meant I had power of attorney and had to sign everything 3 times, his name, my name saying I signed for him, then my name for me. Oh and since we have 2 mortgages on the house I had to sign twice as much. Anyway he was supposed to come home Thursday, but when he got out there on Tuesday he got a call that his grandfather passed away so he's now in LA with family and won't be home till late tomorrow night. So I've been in the house since Tuesday unpacking everything, and getting our son ready to start school on Monday, and he hasn't even beenin the house since it's been ours. But things are going to get better. I won't say they can't get worse becuase I said that when we were leaving Chicago and things were going badly, but they got worse. That's all over now and it's looking up. Loving the fact that it's mid November & I'm wearing shorts and a tank, & the windows are open!

NCMom we're in a new subdivision Crismark, just off Mill Grove Rd. That's about as best I can say where we are because with everything going on haven't had time to explore much.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:31 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,543,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaLisa View Post
Thanks for the welcomes. It's been a rough week though. On closing day my husband had to fly out to San Jose on business. This meant I had power of attorney and had to sign everything 3 times, his name, my name saying I signed for him, then my name for me. Oh and since we have 2 mortgages on the house I had to sign twice as much. Anyway he was supposed to come home Thursday, but when he got out there on Tuesday he got a call that his grandfather passed away so he's now in LA with family and won't be home till late tomorrow night. So I've been in the house since Tuesday unpacking everything, and getting our son ready to start school on Monday, and he hasn't even beenin the house since it's been ours. But things are going to get better. I won't say they can't get worse becuase I said that when we were leaving Chicago and things were going badly, but they got worse. That's all over now and it's looking up. Loving the fact that it's mid November & I'm wearing shorts and a tank, & the windows are open!

NCMom we're in a new subdivision Crismark, just off Mill Grove Rd. That's about as best I can say where we are because with everything going on haven't had time to explore much.
Diva, so sorry to hear about your husbands grandfather.
We had a similar sort of events. The days around our closing were very fast paced. I'm sort of used to it, just in the business I'm in but it was complicated by all the traveling. I had to fly down from Boston to sign the closing papers and fly right back out the following morning to faciliate the moving of the furniture. In the middle of that, my grandmother who's in a nursing home seemed to be suffering from nursing home abuse and things didn't look good, so I flew up to be with her, then flew back to Charlotte.

You're right today was a BEAUTIFUL day (which I think it was for much of the east coast at least). It does get better!!

Old 12-31-2006, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,191 times
Smile Throwing a Party in Charlotte?

If you are going to throw a party in Charlotte and need any of the following: Inflatable Moonwalks, Bouncers, Slides, Obstacle Courses, Margarita Machines, Cotton Candy Machines, Popcorn Machines, Tents, Tables or Chairs, please visit our website at www.Memily.com (broken link) and we would be glad to help all of the Yankees in Charlotte.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:05 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,999 times
Default Whatever happened?

What ever happened to the transplant party MsCharlotte was trying to organize? I was hoping "all y'all" would wait 'til we got here!?!? Did the get-together ever happen?

Old 04-02-2007, 08:07 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
you should really drop the all and just say y'all

Old 04-02-2007, 08:12 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
you should really drop the all and just say y'all
Give me a break, I'm bloody tryin'! Yes, the "bloody" was for the "Brit" in you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte