Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 10:17 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barфsa View Post
I don't see anything wrong with what he did. He went to a restaurant, paid the bill even though he wasn't satisfied with the operation, gave the waiter a tip, and left. He didn't throw a tantrum, disturb the other customers, or anything except to vent his frustration here.

And he didn't even name the restaurant so no harm done there either.

If you ask me, the ones showing the bad behavior are the ones calling him names for what he did, which is nothing but express an opinion of a place. Geez.
he said he didn't want to leave a reasonable tip but his wife made him. That's why people are jumping on him.

He's also throwing a tantrum on here and given his history probably threw a mini tantrum there as well...

last but not least he said he plans to go back and hog slowly at a table in order to frustrate the staff.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:52 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Most places have a dine in only policy when it comes to specials like this... but Eddies Place doesn't. I've seen people walking out with 8 Prime Rib dinners.

Next time... call in for a to go order. You don't even have to tip!

I've been to the Prime Rib special at Eddies and I'm far from a yuppie. It's $1 an ounce... treat it as such and get there early. I had the same experience the first time I tried to get it and while I was PO'ed... I didn't try to short the waitress, especially on Tuesday when they are slammed all night.
Oh wow! Take out? Woot! Thank you so much for sharing this . . .

Old 08-14-2013, 11:52 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh wow! Take out? Woot! Thank you so much for sharing this . . .
This was a about 2 months ago. I have no idea if they still do it but I was shocked when I saw a number of people taking out 5 and 6 boxes at a time.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:33 PM

140 posts, read 239,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I wont mention the name of this place so I wont get in trouble with the bossman. There is a little restaurant near by in Cotswold that has a good reputation and is a sort of trendy yuppie pub type hangout along with good food so it has been said. I had never been there until tonight .They have a tuesday special of prime rib for one buck an ounce . The wife went with a neighbor last tuesday and planned to go this week with me and the son/girlfriend . Only thing is the whole past week the wife told all of her friends about how great it is and they should go. Well they evidently did go because when we arrived the waiter told us "sorry we have sold out of the prime rib" We sold double what we did last week" ....Of course we stayed and ate against my wishes .I had a rubin that I swear didn't taste as good as the ones I use to buy from the lunch truck at work.....I told the wife before we even went in I didn't like being around yuppies because they didn't give a rats arse about what the price of food was as long as they got their fill ..Evidently a bunch of them did so and I still haven't had any prime rib I anticipated their entire day. The wife then got mad at me when we left because I told her to leave a very small tip in appreciation of them NOT HAVING WHAT I WENT THERE TO EAT....Sure that sucks for the waiter but HEY it sorta sucks for me too and it is after all my money ..thanks for reading this
You are an adult human, yes?

Old 08-14-2013, 01:21 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,595,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theory87 View Post

I think we all know that Crest is a human.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theory87 View Post
He was just indulging in a rant - many of us have done that on this forum at some time!

He wanted his prime rib!!!

Why don't you all give him other suggestions of great places to go to get prime rib at a decent price.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:55 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,201,358 times
My plan is to order the 8 ounces I was going to order this week and then order another 8 ounces and slowly eat it . Then I will order a glass of red wine and sip on it for a while .I'm not mad at the restaurant or the waiter or the wife even... I had my mouth all ready for some prime rib for a special occasion and ended up having to settle with a crummy so called reuben sandwich .It is just like the Myers Park old money yuppie types to per order all the friggin prime rib and carry it off . Just proves what I said about yuppies.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:06 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,501,275 times
Phew, I got halfway thru the original post and thought "what, no CAPS!??!?" But crestliner did not disappoint!

Old 08-14-2013, 05:06 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,799,251 times
Quote:
My plan is to order the 8 ounces I was going to order this week and then order another 8 ounces and slowly eat it . Then I will order a glass of red wine and sip on it for a while .I'm not mad at the restaurant or the waiter or the wife even... I had my mouth all ready for some prime rib for a special occasion and ended up having to settle with a crummy so called reuben sandwich .It is just like the Myers Park old money yuppie types to per order all the friggin prime rib and carry it off . Just proves what I said about yuppies.
I love your use of stereotypes......damn yuppies spending their hard earned money on Prime Rib, they should be going to Del Frisco's, Flemings or Capital Grille for their Prime Rib after all, that's where Yuppies eat right?

On second thought if you were so hell bent on Prime Rib why didn't you go to one of the previously mentioned places?

Old 08-14-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:

Hey now, Crest. You have things all mixed up.

The Myers Park old money yuppie types do not go to Eddie's Place and carry out the prime rib. They are members of country clubs that have steamship rounds of beef every week. So if they want prime rib, they go sit down and are served at their club. They don't have to schlepp down to Eddie's and procure their prime rib in a styrofoam box.

By your own admission, your wife told everyone she knew about the prime rib, lol. I have a feeling a lot of other folks did the same thing! But I don't think you can blame it on the Myers Park crowd!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte