Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 02:09 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldclasscity View Post
Any advice on how to get my bill lowered?
do what i did: cancel it

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
With Goggle Fiber now offering speed in many of the midwest cities it is only a matter of time before they conquer the south.
unfortunately, no. so far google fiber is only in KC, with plans to expand in Austin and SLC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 02:21 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You don't ask for it, you just call to schedule a disco out about a week. For the most part I don't care about the rate increases cause I know what they are paying for programming costs. They will start to dump (showtime is one) to keep others like ESPN which is so expensive. They added NFL network and dumped ST. ME HAPPY
Showtime is back. Time Warner Cable and CBS/Showtime reach deal | Washington Times Communities

I have noticed TWC has been advertising a Triple Play package for $79.99 + a $300 Visa card which is the best offer I've seen from them as far as I know. Anyone have any luck with calling and saying they want to sign up for their most recent promotion?

Old 09-05-2013, 08:22 PM

958 posts, read 1,724,235 times
I purchased my own cable modem to remove that ridiculous 6 dollars they charge me every month. Also, ported my number over to Google Voice

Old 09-06-2013, 05:50 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,208,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCRugbyNo1 View Post
I purchased my own cable modem to remove that ridiculous 6 dollars they charge me every month. Also, ported my number over to Google Voice
Where can we turn in the old modems at?

What kind of modem did you get?

Did you have to call customer service to activate it?

Old 09-06-2013, 06:13 AM

53 posts, read 96,479 times
We're paying for TW's new 1,350 foot HQ that it's constructing in Midtown NYC. I am not pleased to underwrite improvements in NYC.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:30 AM

227 posts, read 392,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Showtime is back. Time Warner Cable and CBS/Showtime reach deal | Washington Times Communities

I have noticed TWC has been advertising a Triple Play package for $79.99 + a $300 Visa card which is the best offer I've seen from them as far as I know. Anyone have any luck with calling and saying they want to sign up for their most recent promotion?
That Triple Play package is pretty misleading though. I just moved here and I've been looking at packages. I prefer internet-only, but my wife wants cable (especially HGTV).

The $79.99 package includes 'standard tv' (about 70 channels), but the internet speed is pretty bad (3 Mbps). For the same price they offer a Double Play package with good internet speed (30 Mbps), but it only includes about 20 channels (local channels, plus HBO). So if you want good internet (at least 20 Mbps) and Digital TV, it's at least $115 (before additional fees).

Old 09-06-2013, 07:18 AM

821 posts, read 1,854,303 times
We switched to ATT (again) a year ago and haggled over the promotion rate vs what they wanted to charge. We had TW for six months, without a contract, and dropped them because their equipment stinks. We had a service call about once a month and one of the techs told us ATT has better equipment. If I could convince my wife and deal with cable withdrawal, I would put up the antenna I have for outdoor use and go with over the air, only. I tested it at ground level and get 26 stations - locals and sub channels. I can live without the stations TW and ATT bundle. The biggest hog that drives up rates is ESPN and the company is ripping off consumers and laughing all the way to the bank because of the sports addiction in this country.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:20 AM

533 posts, read 936,081 times
switch to direct TV. then in 1-2 years switch back to TWC. and vice versa. only way to do it

Old 09-06-2013, 07:23 AM

198 posts, read 290,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloante74 View Post
switch to direct TV. then in 1-2 years switch back to TWC. and vice versa. only way to do it
Does this work ? the reason I ask is - we are changing residences.. and was wondering now is the best time to start something new..

Old 09-06-2013, 07:29 AM

227 posts, read 392,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppi2012 View Post
Does this work ? the reason I ask is - we are changing residences.. and was wondering now is the best time to start something new..
I looked at all options (Just TW, TW internet plus Directv, TW internet plus Dish). The biggest hangup with Directv/Dish is that they give you a promo price for 12 months, but you're committed for 24 months. So you're locked in for the second year at no discount. And I've heard that Dish requires you to mail back the equipment to them after you cancel, at your own expense (this might not be true anymore, but I read it in several places).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte