Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I agree, the idea of crowning a champion without a playoff is quite silly. Off subject, but winter isn't happening here JP (I know, subject for another thread)...did you get much snow up there? Note, one response and one reponse only in the I-hate Cam thread. Golfing sat, 70+ degrees, we'll probably get a foot of snow mid-feb.
Hello Big A. We have had a warmer than normal winter here too. Had a cold November like you guys , then had about 8 or 9 inches of snow right after Christmas..mostly moderate since.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:30 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Anyone still want Fox? One of the best QB's in the game (regular season games), at home, with the ball... and they take a knee.

How do you let a guy get behind your D?

Also impressed by the Kapernick kid in SF. Not sure who the OC will be in Carolina but they need to run the offense like the 49ers. Zone read isn't a base offense or you will end up with a hurt QB but if you sprinkle it in from time to time you can get some big runs from your QB.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:32 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,278,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Hello Big A. We have had a warmer than normal winter here too. Had a cold November like you guys , then had about 8 or 9 inches of snow right after Christmas..mostly moderate since.
Well, back to reality this week for everybody!

Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Anyone still want Fox? One of the best QB's in the game (regular season games), at home, with the ball... and they take a knee.

How do you let a guy get behind your D?

Also impressed by the Kapernick kid in SF. Not sure who the OC will be in Carolina but they need to run the offense like the 49ers. Zone read isn't a base offense or you will end up with a hurt QB but if you sprinkle it in from time to time you can get some big runs from your QB.

Couldn't believe the Broncos or Falcons game. Kapernick and Russell Wilson were unbelievable....Matty Ice pulled it out in the end.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Couldn't believe the Broncos or Falcons game. Kapernick and Russell Wilson were unbelievable....Matty Ice pulled it out in the end.
Seattle went into prevent D (prevent you from winning)... can't believe the vaunted D gave up that last second drive.

But how does Fox have Manning take a knee at HOME in Mile High air? 3 or 4 passes and they would be in FG range.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Seattle went into prevent D (prevent you from winning)... can't believe the vaunted D gave up that last second drive.

But how does Fox have Manning take a knee at HOME in Mile High air? 3 or 4 passes and they would be in FG range.
Yep, that's really all the prevent D is good for but in Seattle's "defense", they blitzed on the second play, matty ice was able to get the ball to gonzalez due to some key blocking.

Not sure what Foxy and team were doing...I had turned the channel but flipped back for the post game and was like OT???

Old 01-17-2013, 07:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I was scrolling TMZ and they had article on him.
Cam Newton Pulls a Dangerfield ... Heads Back to School | TMZ.com

Old 04-27-2013, 08:41 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times
Another draft, more disappointment. Seriously... WE NEED PLAYERS IN THE SECONDARY. Yet in the draft we again didn't draft a single player there.

Star could work but then we draft another DT after him. Kenjon Barner... Really???? Management just doesn't get it.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:02 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,464,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Another draft, more disappointment. Seriously... WE NEED PLAYERS IN THE SECONDARY. Yet in the draft we again didn't draft a single player there.

Star could work but then we draft another DT after him. Kenjon Barner... Really???? Management just doesn't get it.

I disagree. I liked picking two DT's early and now they've got one of the better DL's around provided the two picks play to their potential. Star has #1 overall pick talent and the Panthers got him at #14? Yeah, I'll take that every day of the week. You occupy blockers with a big defensive line that's getting pressure and all of a sudden your LB's can make tackles and more importantly your secondary doesn't have to cover for 10 seconds. It all starts up front on both sides of the ball.

Not sure about the RB pick though, guess they felt like he was the best available at the time. There wasn't a tremendous amount of defensive secondary talent in this draft and since the Panthers had very few picks they needed to get the best available every time it was their turn. They still desperately need a CB and/or Safety to come in and maybe they are hoping to fill that need via free agency.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
I disagree. I liked picking two DT's early and now they've got one of the better DL's around provided the two picks play to their potential. Star has #1 overall pick talent and the Panthers got him at #14? Yeah, I'll take that every day of the week. You occupy blockers with a big defensive line that's getting pressure and all of a sudden your LB's can make tackles and more importantly your secondary doesn't have to cover for 10 seconds. It all starts up front on both sides of the ball.

Not sure about the RB pick though, guess they felt like he was the best available at the time. There wasn't a tremendous amount of defensive secondary talent in this draft and since the Panthers had very few picks they needed to get the best available every time it was their turn. They still desperately need a CB and/or Safety to come in and maybe they are hoping to fill that need via free agency.
The last half of the season the pressure from CJ and Hardy made you forget the DBs were average. Adding these DTs will really make it hard for QBs to pick on the DBs.

Not sure who or why they picked up a RB but more than likely one of the current backs will be moved this year or next to free up some money.

I think they had a pretty good draft early on.. Not sure about the later rounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte