Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 11:15 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartwell35 View Post
I think it has something to do with HUMBLENESS> Most quarterbacks, INCLUDING even Michael Vick in his prime, were not people who yearned for camera attention on the sideline. Actually, quite the opposite...they HATED when a camera was consistantly in their face as they stand there.

ALSO, I think the thing that rubs people the wrong way is that he was BENCHED (althought not entirely for..) throwing an INT that resulted in a TOUCHDOWN.
Sit down, learn, observe, and play it cool, keep it humble
But to throw an INT for an TD, and then clowning in front of the camera....Just doesnt develop the kind of perception you would want.

I think he would be a good quarterback....the ONLY thing that will hold him back is his MATURITY level. And it is VERY clear that he lacks some of the maturity most 2-3 year quarterbacks have.
He is the face of the team...able to demand what he wants and gets what he wants. Unfortunately that sometimes leads to a lack of discipline. Hopefully he will improve his humbleness. Its great for the likeability factor.
MOST popular COCKY players in NFL have faced some REALLY steep consequeneces at some point. it always comes back to cost you, somehow.
Benched? Starting QB's play 1 or 2 series before hitting the sideline in preseason games. The 3rd game is the one where they stay in for a quarter.. maybe 2 at the most.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Cam has been pretty good but hasn't translated individual success into Ws. Some of the blame is coaching in case you haven't followed the games. If the Panthers commit to running the ball and let Cam be a game manager they'll make the playoffs this year. If the rely solely on Cam who has a great but inaccurate arm at times, they'll end up 8-8, 7-9 or 6-10. Cam doesn't have the QB pedigree of RGIII, Luck, Wilson, etc and was only a QB for 1 year at the D-I level, so he was a project from the giddy-up with a ton of talent. This is a big year for him..not saying make or break but a low-to-mid level performance and the brass will start looking down the road a bit.

Cleveland has had some shiny moments...not so much lately but wait and see what Chud pulls out of his hat.

The mistake by the lake... 6 wins at most.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:28 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,277,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Anyone that says he isn't a great talent is just silly. My issues is with his leadership qualities, and again in the first game he is showing off for the camera. I think it will b a great career, but one void of any championships!
One man's showing off is another man's having fun and being engaged. I think he'll develop stronger leadership skills over the next few years and become a little more camera "humble" to satisy the grumpy-ole-get-out-of-my-yard crowd...dang, everybody isn't born with general patton leadership skills (well, the good ones) or developed along the lines of the Russell Wilson maturity curve.....Russell Wilson is probably 30+ years old on the maturity curve.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
One man's showing off is another man's having fun and being engaged. I think he'll develop stronger leadership skills over the next few years and become a little more camera "humble" to satisy the grumpy-ole-get-out-of-my-yard crowd...dang, everybody isn't born with general patton leadership skills (well, the good ones) or developed along the lines of the Russell Wilson maturity curve.....Russell Wilson is probably 30+ years old on the maturity curve.
Wilson is definitely an old soul. I had another conversation about how he was treated at NCState his last year. Still can't believe they treated him like that, especially with his leadership and maturity.

Cam isn't that type of guy and this fan base needs to take the stick out of their rear... as long as he isn't breaking laws or putting his health in jeopardy I don't see a problem.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:03 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,277,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Wilson is definitely an old soul. I had another conversation about how he was treated at NCState his last year. Still can't believe they treated him like that, especially with his leadership and maturity.

Cam isn't that type of guy and this fan base needs to take the stick out of their rear... as long as he isn't breaking laws or putting his health in jeopardy I don't see a problem.
It wasn't fair but the coach did make a decision, so you gotta respect that decision. And actually T O'Brien is a good coach/person but has that hard-nose military style.

You know, if you don't know I am Black. With that comes a wide variety of skin hues and backgrounds in the black community. For instance, I have friends with masters degrees in engineering from the street/hood, some from middle (myself) and upper level income families. Now, the ones from the street are GOOD dudes but they gotta a lot of street in them, even in their 40s and on the golf course. Meaning, I'm not going to judge them based on their environments but expecting some of those guys to react in certain way or situation would be crazy. Again, all are good dudes but matured and developed at different stages, a lot of which is attributable to their respective background and experences.

As you stated, Cam could be in jail, on drugs, etc, etc. And actually seems to be a geniune person whose a little guarded at times, doesn't always have the right words (e,g. RGIII, RW) to fully express himself and for some people that resonates as arrogant or cocky. Everybody isn't the great communicator or been trained since birth to convey the "best" public image....trust me, he'll get better with BS.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:

It wasn't fair but the coach did make a decision, so you gotta respect that decision.
Nope.. I didn't respect that decision... but RW did and said all the right things when people tried to get him to bash NCState.

I'll never forget RW willing State to victory over PITT in the second half a few years ago.

...and I agree, everyone isn't cut from the same cloth.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:35 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,524 times
My money is on Baltimore (-3) points tonight!!!

Old 08-23-2013, 05:21 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
My money is on Baltimore (-3) points tonight!!!
I lost $$$$

Old 08-23-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
I lost $$$$
anyone betting on preseason games has a serious habit. LOL...

The D is legit..

LaFell dropped a sure TD but it's hard to complain about the O when they are sitting on the bench for 30 minutes because the D kept scoring TD's.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:53 AM

7,075 posts, read 12,344,307 times
Charlotte needs Cam!!!!

^^^You should change the title to "Charlotte needs Luke". As it stands now, Luke probably has a better shot at making the pro-bowl than Cam does. I don't know what it is, but Cam seems a bit off. He has made some really bad throws and the drops (not Cam's fault) doesn't help Cam's stats either. Without a solid #2 and/or #3 option outside of Steve Smith, Cam had better do some serious running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte