Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 06:49 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Have they ever claimed how much film Rogers or Drew Brees watches? Cam has a poor supporting cast in the running game and receiver corps. Smitty has lost a step or two and most of the receiver corp can't create enough separation down field.

Why did the offensive coordinator abandon the sets that worked on the first drive? Well, the Cardinals DC made adjustments and started blitzing the LBs yet the Panthers seemed set on leaving Cam in the pocket and sticking with their game plan. Cam ain't Brady, Brees, or Manning and even they can't withstand constant pressure. I watched the entire game and saw the train wreck develop....and for the life of me couldn't figure out why the OC didn't use more screens or short routes with quick reads to thwart the LB overplay. I saw it coming, Cam got popped a few times, loss some confidence and that QB timing clock got all twisted, especially with all the dropped passes.

Rivera and staff have to be the worst bunch with making game time adjustments to offset what the D was doing. Cam has top-10 QB talent which hasn't been properly developed and not sure it can be fixed at this point. He threw one bad INT (the first one), the second one was due to great LB play and could happen to any QB in the league...the last one and fumble was due to desperation.

Rivera's coaching staff is almost over and look for Cam to be trade bait....such is life in the NFL right now.
I can promise you Brees and Rogers watch a ton of film. You don't get to their level, without it. The league is just too good. There are plenty of folks, that don't think Cam has top 10 talent. Al Wallace was on the radio yesterday, and the host asked him about Cam, and he said look I said it before I'll say again. He is just an average nfl quarterback. Anyone can have a great year. Even Derrick Anderson had a pro bowl year once

Old 10-08-2013, 07:23 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,338,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
I can promise you Brees and Rogers watch a ton of film. You don't get to their level, without it. The league is just too good. There are plenty of folks, that don't think Cam has top 10 talent. Al Wallace was on the radio yesterday, and the host asked him about Cam, and he said look I said it before I'll say again. He is just an average nfl quarterback. Anyone can have a great year. Even Derrick Anderson had a pro bowl year once
So are you saying Cam had a great year? Which year was that? Because his numbers in his first 2 seasons were pretty similar.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:25 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
Quote:
Did you follow Brees' career though? He wasn't anything special until his last year in SD. He also has the good fortune of having the best offensive HC in football with Sean Payton in NO. If Cam had Sean Payton calling plays you would see Cam shine.

Brees also looked like GARBAGE last year without Payton on the sideline. It's more than just watching film...

Rodgers also has a HC who has a history of building prolific offenses...

Both these QB's have a great home field advantage (Panther Stadium is a visiting teams dream), big targets a WR and HC's with a philosophy of points, points, points and finding mismatches and holes in the D.

If Cam gets an HC like Payton or McCarthy he will improve. Right now he has an OC who has a history of failure in the college ranks and has never been an OC in the NFL. Great idea? More like cheap labor by a questionable owner.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Did you follow Brees' career though? He wasn't anything special until his last year in SD. He also has the good fortune of having the best offensive HC in football with Sean Payton in NO. If Cam had Sean Payton calling plays you would see Cam shine.

Brees also looked like GARBAGE last year without Payton on the sideline. It's more than just watching film...

Rodgers also has a HC who has a history of building prolific offenses...

Both these QB's have a great home field advantage (Panther Stadium is a visiting teams dream), big targets a WR and HC's with a philosophy of points, points, points and finding mismatches and holes in the D.

If Cam gets an HC like Payton or McCarthy he will improve. Right now he has an OC who has a history of failure in the college ranks and has never been an OC in the NFL. Great idea? More like cheap labor by a questionable owner.
OK Felt time to destroy you. I sure love doing it. 76.9, 67.5, 104.8, 89.2. those were his qb ratings while at San Diego, and last year boy he was hot garbage. 5177 yards, 63 percent completion 43 tds 19 int 96 qb rating. If that's how you define garbage I'll take it, and add a second order to go please.

Bottom line you always have some excuse for Cam. Its the coach, Its the owner. He doesn't have wrs. Its always something. You peddle him like he has a elite level talent, and so far he's yet to prove it.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
So are you saying Cam had a great year? Which year was that? Because his numbers in his first 2 seasons were pretty similar.
He's had two ok years. He rookie year was impressive, because he was a rookie, but both years he finished middle of the pack of the ratings. He has yet to have a top 10 year, and it doesn't look like it will be this year. I think people get sucked in on Cam because he makes some highlight reel plays. That doesn't make a great QB.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
OK Felt time to destroy you. I sure love doing it. 76.9, 67.5, 104.8, 89.2. those were his qb ratings while at San Diego, and last year boy he was hot garbage. 5177 yards, 63 percent completion 43 tds 19 int 96 qb rating. If that's how you define garbage I'll take it, and add a second order to go please.

Bottom line you always have some excuse for Cam. Its the coach, Its the owner. He doesn't have wrs. Its always something. You peddle him like he has a elite level talent, and so far he's yet to prove it.
Thank you for proving my point!

let's check those stats again...

Bree's qb rating first 2 years in SD 76.9, 67.5 He had 28 TD's and 31 INT's in his first 2 seasons... 1 rushing TD.

Cam's first 2 years in Carolina 84.5, 86.2 He had 40 TD's and 29 INT's in his first 2 seasons... oh, and 22 TD's on the ground as well.

Now here is where it gets interest. Brees was 8-8 his first year as a full time starter... but after 11 games in 2003 he was BENCHED and Doug Flutie took over. Rivers held out and that is the only reason Brees was able to get another crack at it and this is when the legend of Brees was born.. they went 12-4 and the rest is history even though he was traded. So maybe Cam will move onto another team, get an OC and HC who knows how to use him and he will have a great career. He has all the tools but still needs grooming.

Hmm... being destroyed shouldn't feel this good!

I know the league has changed some over time but still, you can't act like Brees was all world his first 2 years and Cam is a bum in his first 2 years.

NO was 7-9 last year... yeah, Brees tore it up last year, one more win than the Panthers. Looks like Brees put up stats without the wins. I thought that was a no, no?

also remember
-------

Cam was also ROY and he BROKE Peyton Manning's record for most yards in his first 2 years...

I'm not saying Cam is better than Brees, he's far from it. Thank you for providing a nice glimpse of why Cam isn't nearly as bad as you make him out to be when you compare his stats to other QB's first few years.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
He's had two ok years. He rookie year was impressive, because he was a rookie, but both years he finished middle of the pack of the ratings. He has yet to have a top 10 year, and it doesn't look like it will be this year. I think people get sucked in on Cam because he makes some highlight reel plays. That doesn't make a great QB.
and yet you threw out Drew Bress' QB rating his first 2 years like they were good.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:00 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,338,005 times
Quote:
Have that many people ever even said he was top 10? I think at best most people are saying he is above average and is in the top half of QB's in the league. But "above average" QB's can win Super Bowls. Like last year.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Have that many people ever even said he was top 10? I think at best most people are saying he is above average and is in the top half of QB's in the league. But "above average" QB's can win Super Bowls. Like last year.
Elite is a word used a lot. Elite level talent etc. I'm not going through 50 pages but I'm sure we can go back, and find where felt and big touted him being top 10. You can't have an adult discussion with felt though. I loves to twist stuff up.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Thank you for proving my point!

let's check those stats again...

Bree's qb rating first 2 years in SD 76.9, 67.5 He had 28 TD's and 31 INT's in his first 2 seasons... 1 rushing TD.

Cam's first 2 years in Carolina 84.5, 86.2 He had 40 TD's and 29 INT's in his first 2 seasons... oh, and 22 TD's on the ground as well.

Now here is where it gets interest. Brees was 8-8 his first year as a full time starter... but after 11 games in 2003 he was BENCHED and Doug Flutie took over. Rivers held out and that is the only reason Brees was able to get another crack at it and this is when the legend of Brees was born.. they went 12-4 and the rest is history even though he was traded. So maybe Cam will move onto another team, get an OC and HC who knows how to use him and he will have a great career. He has all the tools but still needs grooming.

Hmm... being destroyed shouldn't feel this good!

I know the league has changed some over time but still, you can't act like Brees was all world his first 2 years and Cam is a bum in his first 2 years.

NO was 7-9 last year... yeah, Brees tore it up last year, one more win than the Panthers. Looks like Brees put up stats without the wins. I thought that was a no, no?

also remember
-------

Cam was also ROY and he BROKE Peyton Manning's record for most yards in his first 2 years...

I'm not saying Cam is better than Brees, he's far from it. Thank you for providing a nice glimpse of why Cam isn't nearly as bad as you make him out to be when you compare his stats to other QB's first few years.

All I left out was he rookie year. He played one game. If you really want that stat its 94.8. You called Bree's 2012 season Garbage, cause he didn't have Payton. When faced with his stat line you want to change and say oh he didn't win enough games. What is it Felt? Is it stats or record? Be consistent, and be man enough when proven wrong to say that. Don't keep twisting things it just looks foolish. Fact is if Cam had Bree's 2012 stats, you and Big would be spouting off non stop how great he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte