Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 11:54 AM

18 posts, read 32,162 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am moving to Charlotte and would be working close to the airport. After some research, I found this apartment complex- Tyvola Center Apartments. Its close to my office and seems to be a good complex.
I have a four year old and hence preschool is a real need. Also I have a travelling job and hence looking for a safe area for my Wife and kid in my absence.

Please give your suggestions.

Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 04:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,191,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmond123 View Post
Hi All,

I am moving to Charlotte and would be working close to the airport. After some research, I found this apartment complex- Tyvola Center Apartments. Its close to my office and seems to be a good complex.
I have a four year old and hence preschool is a real need. Also I have a travelling job and hence looking for a safe area for my Wife and kid in my absence.

Please give your suggestions.

Cheers
You'd be better off farther south in Steele Creek or on the other side of I-77 toward South Park.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:13 PM

Hi EX -L1..Can you please provide some apartment complex names which would suit me.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:29 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,191,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmond123 View Post
Hi EX -L1..Can you please provide some apartment complex names which would suit me.
Richmond, there are so many down there I wouldn't be sure where to start. I'm sure that there are others on this board who would know specific complexes. Bottom line, I would stay away from West Charlotte (west of I-77, Tyvola/Airport area).

Old 01-02-2014, 09:17 AM

95 posts, read 163,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
You'd be better off farther south in Steele Creek or on the other side of I-77 toward South Park.
Agreed. I had a friend that lived there who hated the area surrounding the apartment, not the actual complex.

I also would suggest Matthews, I have heard nothing but great things about the majority of that area.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:43 AM

15 posts, read 24,618 times
Check out Courtney Oaks and Grammercy Square at Arysley. I used to live at Grammercy and I really enjoyed it.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:38 PM

Thanks Krasinskigirl...I will certainly visit Gramercy sqaure. People on this forum have recommended Arsley area.
But courtney oaks -- Seems apartments are really good but area is not that safe.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:24 PM

45 posts, read 97,446 times
I agree with what others have said about Tyvola Center...look farther south or toward South Park. Bexley Steelecroft, at the corner of York Rd./South Tryon & Steele Creek Rd (160) is fairly nice, and there are a few others nearby that aren't bad.

But having lived in the Steele Creek area (Arbor Steele Creek, an OK-but-not-great complex), I do have one bit of advice for you: Make sure you and your family don't mind airplane noise. That whole area is right in line with the main approach/departure corridor for 3 of the 4 runways at CLT. Ayrsley is too. The constant noise drove me nuts, and I used to work in the aviation industry, too. HTH & good luck.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:03 PM

Thanks Skyhawk...airplane noise .i would actually hate to live in noisy area .??
Any good apartment complex in South Park area that you can suggest.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:43 AM

15 posts, read 24,618 times
I've heard good things about 1420 Magnolia and Cielo apartments. I'm not sure what your budget is for an apartment but Cielo is really nice. They are kinda pricey for an apartment in my opinion. I had a friend who lived there and visited their place alot in the summer so was at the pool area and it was nice. I would stay away from anything on Scaleybark. There is also Post at Phillips Place. You may also find some owners renting out their condos/townhomes and homes in the southpark area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte