Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 03:25 PM

542 posts, read 1,549,303 times

Advertisements

Hi! Just doing a little research on the Concord area, and was hoping some of you could help me out. One thing I'm wondering is, what is the reputation of Concord as a whole in the Charlotte area? Is it one of the surrounding towns/cities that has a decent reputation, or not-so-good reputation?

Also, regarding specific areas of Concord, I'm hoping you could let me know which areas of town are the "less desirable" (less safe, less maintained) parts. I searched some old threads here and only noticed a couple references to the area "south of downtown." So here are the areas I'm wondering about, please let me know how these neighborhoods are:

1) The area "south of downtown" that I've seen referenced in other threads, could you give me some approximate street boundaries of which part of town that is?
2) There are some small to medium sized apartment complexes on Hamilton Dr, off of Hillandale and St Charles.
3) The streets Wilson and Reed, which are off of Cabarrus Ave north of downtown.
4) Tribune, off of Union.
5) Glen Rae St, south of Powder St and Cabarrus Ave.

Any other areas of Concord that some people may tend to avoid that you can tell me about?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 10:44 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,353,327 times
It's a suburb , and a decent area.
However , you will not see many stars there at night.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:59 AM

Thanks. So, not one of the suburbs that the locals say to avoid, then?

Does anyone have any opinions on specific areas in Concord?

Old 03-05-2014, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 3,619 times
My wife and I lived in Concord for 16 years and loved it. First lived near Concord Mills/Speedway area, but the traffic was getting really bad, so we moved further northeast Concord near where Highway 601 and Highway 49 meet. Great little city.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:22 AM

Thanks tandmgray.

Does anyone have any feedback on specific parts of Concord? I would like to know which parts are the not so good areas. Thanks!

Old 03-12-2014, 01:56 PM

328 posts, read 616,385 times
There are not really any not-so-good areas in Concord. The only possible exception is along Kerr Street in the neighborhood adjacent to Concord's historic downtown. However, this is an extremely small area compared to the size of Concord, which is mostly planned suburban developments where crime is not an issue at all. And even the Kerr Street area is being revitalized with a new arts district at the old Waterworks site.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:03 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,496,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie Girl View Post
Thanks tandmgray.

Does anyone have any feedback on specific parts of Concord? I would like to know which parts are the not so good areas. Thanks!
You can't really go wrong in any part of Concord. It's mostly a pretty good suburban area all around.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:29 PM

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,864 times
Default Concord

Ok. First off let me just start by saying Concord is a great city... with that being said there are many areas to avoid. Just like any other city out there, concord has it's bad areas too, contrary to what the others have said on here. You mentioned Tribune; that's fine as long as you stay north of spring street. Anything in the "Logan neighborhood", pack and run as far and fast as you can. Kerr st is making a comeback but not fast enough so be wary of it. It's not all bad but anything between Kerr and Powder is not going to be your best choice. I work in concord and without saying what it is I exactly do... I'll put it this way and say that I deal with all of the trouble and less desirables on a daily basis and they're never happy when my car or any of my co-workers cars pull up. If you have any specific areas you're considering, feel free to ask.

Galaxie Girl

Old 07-09-2014, 01:44 PM

20 posts, read 36,508 times
As far as food shopping in Concord is it considered a "walkable city" in your opinion. I have several apartment complexes in mind but will a car be necessary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte