Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:12 PM

674 posts, read 805,915 times

Advertisements

Can we not worry about it (being cosmo) and just agree that this area and most others have so much to offer and are great places to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,543,889 times
Default It is a great area . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
Can we not worry about it (being cosmo) and just agree that this area and most others have so much to offer and are great places to live?
I love Ballantyne. Live nearby in S. CLT and it has been very exciting seeing all the new expansion in that area. It is a great family area, nice to visit when I run errands . . . enjoy seeing what is being constructed and what new shops are opening . . . I agree, NCIG. Who cares how cosmopolitan CLT is anyway. There are plenty of things to do here, wonderful shopping, healthcare . . . and most of all - terrific people from all over the country/world as well as natives. If a person is not thrilled w/ one area of Char-Meck . . .there are plenty of other areas plus nearby counties . . . I am just glad I am here.

I was living outside the state b/f we moved back a few years ago and when I think of some of the places we could have ended up living . . . well . . . just makes me extremely grateful to be back home in NC . . . and in a city that is growing and only getting more exciting.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:27 PM

74 posts, read 100,800 times
Depends on the age of the person...and if they are sinlge or married...young & single...Ballantyne is WAY to far out....try Uptown, Dilworth, Southend, Plaza Midwood, Chantilly, Elizabeth, NODA...etc.....I know I live out now (Mountain Island Lake)...but we moved from -4th Ward- (Uptown)...and we LOVED everything about living Uptown.....EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 02:32 PM

674 posts, read 805,915 times
Not everyone who is young and single and wishes to own a home can afford to live where you are talking about. To buy a decent place you need to pay at least 300k and for a single person that can be a bit much unless you are making a minimum of 120k a year. There are plenty of young and single people who choose to live in Ballantyne or even north in LKN and still participate in what the city has to offer.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:43 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,437,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen City Lover View Post
Depends on the age of the person...and if they are sinlge or married...young & single...Ballantyne is WAY to far out....try Uptown, Dilworth, Southend, Plaza Midwood, Chantilly, Elizabeth, NODA...etc.....I know I live out now (Mountain Island Lake)...but we moved from -4th Ward- (Uptown)...and we LOVED everything about living Uptown.....EVERYTHING!!!!!!
I live in Fort Mill just minutes from Ballantyne and Ballantyne has a ton of stuff to do. We go to church there, eat there, grocery shop there, etc and you don't even have to drive uptown, dilworth or south end to anymore to enjoy whatthose areas have to offer.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:53 PM

175 posts, read 464,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Barb, I believe FFIRE is moving from Austrailia

I think the idea of coming and giving yourself time to really explore all areas of the city is a good one - ESPECIALLY when you are coming from an entirely different country. The great news is, I believe he will have many areas to choose from that "fit" his wants and desires
Australia is right!!!! thanks for your help.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:20 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,903,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
Right on!! My centiments exactly. It gets to the point of pretentiousness.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:25 AM

1,166 posts, read 3,913,351 times
Originally Posted by ncisgreat

Originally Posted by vindaloo
Right on!! My centiments exactly. It gets to the point of pretentiousness.

Moderator cut: FLAMING OFF TOPIC

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-19-2007 at 10:35 PM..

Old 12-07-2007, 11:45 AM

16 posts, read 67,302 times
Ballantyne is what it is!It's within the Charlotte metro and just minutes away from uptown provides economic, educational, recreational and cultural opportunities. Plus, several major roadways in the area and a nearby international airport allow for convenient access to almost any destination.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:50 PM

74 posts, read 100,800 times
ncisgreat....I didn't know we were talking about owning...youg people can rent the many Uptown apartments.

Uptown real estate is the hottest in the area...and always will be...we bought in 2001 a Loft in Gateway Village for about $160,000...sold it in 2006 for $300,000...so you will ALWAYS get more of a return Uptown,,,than anywhere else in the city...also Uptown residents (who live in ZIP code 28202 only)...pay the highest property taxes in the city...not only do you pay Mecklenburg County tax & Charlotte City tax...you also have to pay an Uptown tax...for the priviledge of living Uptown...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte