Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 07:39 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Becky, I grew up down there and Main st is nice.....much nicer than when I was there. As for what is around Charlotte, that is tough. Downtown Charlotte is fun with lots of restaurants, activities depending on the date and live music at the music factory (an awesome place for live music). Baseball is back in the center city and game days are fun....if you can get tickets. However, Greenville has more of a small town feel where Charlotte is more of a city, not sure if that if what you are looking for. Some areas of town like 4th Ward are nice and cool to visit, Alexander Michels is a great neighborhood restaurant. There are a lot of neighborhoods around Charlotte like Plaza Midwood, Dilworth, NODA, Southend etc that are cool places, just much smaller than Greenville. Matthews has a nice downtown that is smaller than Greenville and good for a half day. Looking for a Greenville like place is tough around Charlottte because it is much larger than the small towns and much smaller than downtown Charlotte. Not sure about surrounding counties.
I got what you're saying. I'm looking for towns more than a big city. That's why Greenville appealed to us. . Thanks for the suggestions and I will check them out. Some of these places (Plaza Midwood, Dilworth, NODA, Southend ) maybe interesting. Are there certain landmarks to locate them?

Btw, How do you like the Charlotte area compared to Greenville? Thanks again for the suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 08:20 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I got what you're saying. I'm looking for towns more than a big city. That's why Greenville appealed to us. . Thanks for the suggestions and I will check them out. Some of these places (Plaza Midwood, Dilworth, NODA, Southend ) maybe interesting. Are there certain landmarks to locate them?

Btw, How do you like the Charlotte area compared to Greenville? Thanks again for the suggestions
Becky, I still have a lot of family back in the upstate. The area has grown and Main St is very nice. However, Charlotte is very different in just about any measure. It has and continues to grow faster, it has better opportunities for jobs, there is more to do, better housing options, a great downtown, and I could go on. that being said, Greenville is not bad, it just does not offer much compared with Charlotte. This may sound silly but my parents told me many times that I needed to move away from the area to have better opportunities for jobs. I am glad I listened to them.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:42 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,979,530 times
Nearly every city has a downtown and I find most of them interesting in some way, even when they are mostly empty or have crumbling storefronts. (Sometimes it is a bit reassuring to be able to say "I'm sure glad I don't HAVE to live HERE") Just get out and sightsee, don't worry to much about "the best" places to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte